mk4 Head Unit

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Hey Guys, i recently disconnected my alana head unit... and havent got the code for it... i was thinking, instead of giving the dealers £25, of changing it altogether.. but to what?
I really want something that's gonna look OEM. Perhaps a double DIN. i see a few have the panasonic screen in on here... anybody else got any other ideas too?

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Ive got a Dual DIN Pioneer DVD/Ipod unit myself, with the customisable lights and design when it's in the dash it doesn't look out of place at all, looks and sounds the nuts :)

Depends on your price range though

Here's a pic for reference:

29052010001.jpg

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Ive got a Dual DIN Pioneer DVD/Ipod unit myself, with the customisable lights and design when it's in the dash it doesn't look out of place at all, looks and sounds the nuts :)

Depends on your price range though

Here's a pic for reference:

29052010001.jpg

whoops.. i said panasonic for some reason.. lol i meant that pioneer one. seems like a few on here have it...

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
whoops.. i said panasonic for some reason.. lol i meant that pioneer one. seems like a few on here have it...

Heh to be honest they can be easy to confuse, must be the P thing :p although both companies are very friendly with each other and share components (e.g newer Panasonic TV's use Pioneer's Kuro engine) haha I should work for Pioneer being such a Pio ***** :p

Cracking stereo though mate, I can't recommend mine enough. Mine (AVH-P3100DVD) has just been superseded by the AVH-3200DVD (and a bluetooth model) which has even more features and is slightly cheaper than when I got mine

Heres some details:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-avh-3200dvd.html

If you don't mind blue lights (you probably will) then have a look at this http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-fh-p80bt.html I think it looks damn sleek, and I so wish it'd have red illumination as well as that'd look perfec :)

Funnily enough Will I was actually looking at that one when I went to buy mine, I was very interested but the blue lights did put me off. Sexy as hell though

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
I got the Parrot MKI9200 recently, (the reason for me disconntecting the radio in the first place), so i have my ipod running from this, and my iphone connected via bluetooth... would this be easily combined with the said AVH-3200DVD ? so that i have everything really? or can you somehow get the ipod connected into the back of the unit? (don't really like the idea of buying an expensive head unit if thers an ugly ipod lead coming out of the front of it.. lol) if that was poss, id take the parrot out, sell it and just get a more simple parrot bluetooth speaker (no screen)..?

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
If you don't mind blue lights (you probably will) then have a look at this http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-fh-p80bt.html I think it looks damn sleek, and I so wish it'd have red illumination as well as that'd look perfec :)

nice unit there.. its definately worth a look.. but as u said.. the blue lights.... that would REALLY annoy me... as i said, im looking 4 something nice with that OEM look, which just wouldn't happen with blue lights coming from the stereo.. :(

If i were gona spend £200+ on it, id deff want a dvd player in it too, either that or a sat nav screen...

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I got the Parrot MKI9200 recently, (the reason for me disconntecting the radio in the first place), so i have my ipod running from this, and my iphone connected via bluetooth... would this be easily combined with the said AVH-3200DVD ? so that i have everything really? or can you somehow get the ipod connected into the back of the unit? (don't really like the idea of buying an expensive head unit if thers an ugly ipod lead coming out of the front of it.. lol) if that was poss, id take the parrot out, sell it and just get a more simple parrot bluetooth speaker (no screen)..?

Yeah that would be easy enough mate, the AVH-3200BT is the one that has the bluetooth built in it and it's based around the Parrot system so it should be very similar. If it's anything like mine sadly the only ipod input is only in the front, it may be worth emailing pioneer just incase though as it may have changed. I thought the same but I routed my cable well so it is hardly noticeable now which is good.

The AVH-4200DVD has a rear USB port so you can hide the ipod cable, only drawback is it doesn't have bluetooth as standard... but you can buy one

nice unit there.. its definately worth a look.. but as u said.. the blue lights.... that would REALLY annoy me... as i said, im looking 4 something nice with that OEM look, which just wouldn't happen with blue lights coming from the stereo.. :(

If i were gona spend £200+ on it, id deff want a dvd player in it too, either that or a sat nav screen...

It's a big shame really as that is a gorgeous unit and looks slightly more OEM although the DVD units are very impressive. Up to you though chap

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
I just have the single din pioneer deh 2200ub head unit, 4x50 i think, great headunit and good value for money, manages to get the audio to the 3200watt subs in the back which is all that counts ;)

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
I have a Alpine IDA-x305. The sound quality is immense and its very easy to use... looks cool too and you can change the colours to match the dash lights.
It has no CD slot. (This was kind of the reason why I bought it, when you have an iPod, when do you ever use CD's?!)

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
The AVH-4200DVD has a rear USB port so you can hide the ipod cable, only drawback is it doesn't have bluetooth as standard... but you can buy one

I don't mind losing my ipod to the car, due to me having an iphone, i normally use that and just leave the ipod in the car anyways...
Can you buy a bluetooth to support the unit? or will it be a matter of getting an alternative bluetooth unit from a different maker..?

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I don't mind losing my ipod to the car, due to me having an iphone, i normally use that and just leave the ipod in the car anyways...
Can you buy a bluetooth to support the unit? or will it be a matter of getting an alternative bluetooth unit from a different maker..?

Yeah that what I do bud, I usually leave mine in the car :) so much easier I think

Sadly with Pioneer the blutooth units you use have to be Pioneer else they won't work, they ain't cheap either. You'll be looking at £100 for the kit and the 4200 headunit is £400 so it would be rather expensive.

Persoanlly my best recommendation would be the 3200BT, it'll do everything you need but the Ipod connects to the front port, at £330ish it would be £170 cheaper than having the 4200 and the blutooth adaptor. It's hardly worth the extra just for the rear USB port

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
wtf is that 3200 Peak or RMS?

Peak, but still loud enough RMS :)

Holy moly :happy: i bet they can hear you from a fair distance heh

yeah they are loud like, could never have them turned on full or it would just be rediculas :shrug:

It's peak. It's a Vibe Space I think? Still some heavy watts RMS though!

I was running 2400watts RMS a few month ago. They were my mates 2 JL Audio W3's. If I was stood still and the bass hit hard, one of my HID's would cut! Useful :)

nahh lol viba A7 slick sub and twin vibe cbr EVO twin subs :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.