Ko3 hybrid where to go?

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
I would have thought more torque was archieveble from these hybrid setup. I think philW was running close to 300lbft on 2 different rollers on his k03s setup before he went BT.

I guess its all about the lottery, but from reading threads on here a hybrid setup outpreforms a good k03s setup all over the rev range. As you´ve described earlier Bill - "impressive little units"

From you sig I see you´ve manage to get 320 ftlb, is that on 1 roller or have you tried different rollers as I ve noticed you´ve bin on the hybrid setup for quite a while.

Any tips of where to get a 3" maf housing at a reasonable price, not one of those alu ones witch in my oppinion often are over priced.

Yes 320ftlb was on the roller at awesome gti with 275bhp, at RS Tuning i got 276bhp and 297ftlb,

as for a 3" maf housing i would of suggested bsckdraft but i see your from norway so im a bit stuck there

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
What you get is essentially a k04 inside a k03 body, any flow gains you see are in th emain down to the k03 manifold flowing more than a stock k04 one (ironic!)

why would it produce so much more than a k04 would? It is a k04..

K03/4 unit shift 220g/s where k03s are no where near this.. Corresponding gains are had..
K03s numbers are widely overstated.. I have not seen a k03 yet make more than 214bhp on my dyno but do see k03/4 hybrids run 260bhp same as their real k04 cousins.

I´ve always wonder how precise the k03s stg 2 dyno tests have bin, but many members have different print-outs from different rollers showing 230-240 with 270-300ftlb, again maybe lottery, but if you get 214bhp that might be the real deal on this specific setup and that 240 is all to optemistic! MTM witch I had fitted on my cupra before you got me revo stg2 are well known to claim lower but more real power on their maps then other tuners. Worst is superchips(back in the days) who claimed all to much but sold like mad over here in scandinavia (for a while)

There´s a local garage in my town offering http://www.rototest.com/rototest-dynamometer.php witch is supposed to be very accurate, but at a cost at £300 for a session, I dont fancy putting my k03s setup up for that!

The way I look at thing now the hybrid setup is the most interesting setup for my everydaycar, witch ironicly is never used everyday and gets more and more track time for every year.

Yes 320ftlb was on the roller at awesome gti with 275bhp, at RS Tuning i got 276bhp and 297ftlb,

as for a 3" maf housing i would of suggested bsckdraft but i see your from norway so im a bit stuck there

Thats´s good figures, is that with a forge cooler?

Spoke to Alex and it´s sorted:) Thanks anyway.

Poundie

Aug 25, 2009
London
Whats the cheapest K03 conversion and from who? Im looking at getting a K03 hybrid done and fitted to my Cupra for a while now, just dont know how much the whole lot would be?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
grooved 280m disks, ds2500 pads and some motul fluid.
coped well on mrsb lupo when i ragged it round oulton park
lupo-oulton-6.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.