Need an electrician ASAP Northampton

Ash-Supercopa

Big problem with the race car.

We have the codes but they are too generic.

We know what it is doing, but don't know why.

We need to race in 3 weeks.

These are the codes

p0201 p0202 p0203 p0204, we know its the injectors.

Car got very wet in the Britcar 24 Hour, it just stopped on tyrack, got towed back and as a result, out of the race.

We are not a happy bunch.

HELP

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
I doubt generic codes will solve the problem. You need a full VAG style scan tool to figure out what is going on with the car. Remember, under OBDII rules, VAG engineers only give codes that are emissions related and required. All others are done in VAG specific codes. It is not uncommon to have many more VAG codes than OBDII codes. Find someone nearby with a full VAG scanner like VCDS (VAG-COM).

Ash-Supercopa

that will be a broken ecu, could be expensive ; )
Yup, a capacitor, or however you spell it, was loose. It has been re-soldered and is now working.

Bloody bad luck and it cost us the race, well, 1st in class.

RichardBW

Jan 9, 2002
Leamington Spa
i know, it was me who repaired it. To be honest it may happen again, the problem looks to be thru vibration, not water as first thought. I have resoldered and also secured the capacitor but ideally you need to have a spare/new ecu in case it happens again.

Ash-Supercopa

i know, it was me who repaired it. To be honest it may happen again, the problem looks to be thru vibration, not water as first thought. I have resoldered and also secured the capacitor but ideally you need to have a spare/new ecu in case it happens again.

Hi Richard

We have not met yet, we are all down at the weekend, would be good to meet up and let me shake your hand, you did a fantastic job.

I have a plan for the ECU, it has to do with rubber ;)

I think I can stop 90% of the vibration. Also, probably not helpd by being helped off the track by a :censored: BMW at Magots [:@]

And yes, I agree, we need a spare ECU, two mins and we would have been back on-track.

Donington on the 30th, you coming?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.