detach lamp holder?

phearism

Hi Guys

I was getting a lamp warning on my 05 seat altea and discovered it was the reverse bulb. Took the old bulb out and it looked fine, then looked in the bulb holder and the metal conector had corroded off and promptly dropped out.

My question is does anyone know how to detach the bulb holder (round brown plastic thing) so that it can be replaced? It looks like the holder is being held on by a black square bit that the wires go into. There is a flimsy looking looking clip on this black bit but I'm a little afraid to tamper as it looks like it could snap off pretty easy?

Any advice would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

Big Ejit

Wassamarranow?
Aug 8, 2007
Brum
The black clip fixes onto the bulb holder with a securing tag. From memory, there is a square box arrangement on top of the black clip. You have to press the central part of the box at the very end where the wires enter the connector to lift the tag away from the barbs on the bulb holder.

Hold it open and pull the connector off the holder - Thats the hard bit as they do stick a little and you need to press very hard.

New holder was £10.68 from the dealers when ours broke the same way as yours - something to do with the swimming pool in the light at the time!

phearism

Thanks Big Ejit for the reply, you were spot on. Pushed the black clip up and had to pull the bulb holder off (was a little tricky and took some serious pulling but got there in the end!) can't believe how messed up it was inside, similar to you it must of got a fair bit of water in it at some point.

Thanks again for your help!

shorty40

Jul 24, 2009
Belfast
I have the swimming pool option fitted at present.... bulb has blown/corroded holder. Only one problem i have is, how to get the bulb and lense unit out, to replace bulb/holder and seal the damn thing before replacing..
Had same problem googies, but it was the flog light bulb holder. There is a small hole at the bottom of the lens, insert a phillips head screwdriver and try to find the screw, (it is definately there). It took me about 20 mins to get it, very fustrating.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members