Milltek LCR Turbo back exhaust, Road test in progress

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Did they change the diameter of the internal exhaust tip? I'm in the market for a new exhaust, was leaning towards Blueflame but with all the problems they're having that's ruled them out... its between PipeWerx and Miltek now, my only concern is the Miltek is on the quiet side. £1,000 for slightly louder exhaust would be a huge disappointing.

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Trust me it's not quite ;)
Normal driveing it's a bit deeper than standerd but once the rev's go up so noise increases and it soumnds really good.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Trust me it's not quite ;)
Normal driveing it's a bit deeper than standerd but once the rev's go up so noise increases and it soumnds really good.

That's good to hear DK :) I'm seriously considering a Miltek system now! Could definitely do with some decent videos from you though. :whistle: I'm considering going for a Decat too, this would make it louder i would have thought.

Aug 24, 2007
Only just seen this thread.

An independent review of the Milltek system. :D

At normal driving speeds D.K's car sounds like most cupras, maybe a little deeper but thats it.
When the turbo spools the noise comes to life and starts to roar.

On full boost the tone of the exhaust is superb, defies the 1.8litre capacity of the car as the sound is huge and very mechanical.

On a tunnel run I didn't even bother raising my revs as the standard milltek system on my LC was muted by the new set up.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester

At normal driving speeds D.K's car sounds like most cupras, maybe a little deeper but thats it.

On full boost the tone of the exhaust is superb, defies the 1.8litre capacity of the car as the sound is huge and very mechanical.

On a tunnel run I didn't even bother raising my revs as the standard milltek system on my LC was muted by the new set up.

Cheers for the review Mylo :) all the reports seem to be very positive. The next step is to hear it in the flesh.

TJ-Cupra

D.K, I am interested in the new style cat-back system, seeing as you have had experience with both the old Milltek and the new one, I was wondering how the sound compares, I understand you haven't heard just the new cat-back, but could you comment on the difference?

Thanks.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
D.K, I am interested in the new style cat-back system, seeing as you have had experience with both the old Milltek and the new one, I was wondering how the sound compares, I understand you haven't heard just the new cat-back, but could you comment on the difference?

Thanks.

It's a bit hard to compare the new cat back to the old as I had the DP and 200 cell cat fitted at the same time, I think Mylo's post sum's it up quite well,