Ipod connection with RNS510

C3PRA

Cupra Ateca
Jun 3, 2005
New Forest
Can anyone tell me if i install a rns510 would my factory fitted under the drivers seat ipod dock still work or will i need to get the lead that connects to the back and feeds into the glove box?:)

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if i install a rns510 would my factory fitted under the drivers seat ipod dock still work or will i need to get the lead that connects to the back and feeds into the glove box?:)

My under the seat factory fitted dock worked in exactly the same way with the RNS as it did with the standard fit stereo

C3PRA

Cupra Ateca
Jun 3, 2005
New Forest
My under the seat factory fitted dock worked in exactly the same way with the RNS as it did with the standard fit stereo

Thanks Nick

Do i have to purchase any other add ons to get full intergration of my ipod or do i get just the first 6 playlists as standard like i get at present with the normal radio? I want to access my albums rather than playlists all the time.

Is it possible to copy my content of the ipod direct to the hard disc drive?:confused:

My car is a MY08 version if this helps. Don't know whether to get the seat version or golf with sd card reader??

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Is this what i need and did you fit it in the glovebox ? Would i need anything else bearing in mind i have the ipod dock under the drivers seat ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Media-In-M...Kits?hash=item5d25bafd57&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You'd need that and the ipod cable as listed further down the listing -
Your under seat dock will become redundant once you have the mdi kit fitted -
You can still use it, but it would continue to function as before - ie 6 playlists no info displayed on the screen etc -

Unlike when using the MDI unit :)

IMG_5677-vi.jpg

IMG_5745-vi.jpg

IMG_5747-vi.jpg

IMG_5748-vi.jpg

Bonzy1800

Back in a SEAT
Sep 16, 2005
jersey
nickp can you help me, im fitting a rns510 (my car had a mfd2) and would like to use an ipod can i just get the cable you have in the first picture part number 5N0057342 or will i need more bits or purchase a complete kit

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members