seat ibiza fr remap vs

mawby_fr

Basically got my second car after having a corsa sri 1.8

now i have the seat ibiza fr remapped to 185bhp

And because people are saying torque is a false sense of speed etc.

im just wondering how it would cope against the likes of a clio 182.

or maybe someone knows what car it has similar performance to?

Thanks

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Having had an ibiza fr tdi remapped to 180+ bhp and 290 ft lbs of torque. The ibiza will mix it with a 182 clio cup, driven properly it will be quite close. But in my experience if you get them down low they will not catch you up.
The best comparison i can give is that mine was slightly quicker than a standard mk4 ibiza cupra 20vt 180.
Could keep up with an R32 until just under a ton, and would have a type r right up into silly silly speeds....

These assumptions were all done on track.........:whistle:

Dec 3, 2009
people say the TDi are as quick as Clio mapped
If not quicker because you don't have to rev high to get power out :)

185 sounds like top end on standard turbo

5th Gear did a test with diesel astra & the vxr
Diesel had 200bhp and vxr has 237
they were virtually neck and neck with everything, obviously petrol winning drag & diesel winning rolling start
bearing in mind the diesel is about 100kgs heavier too!

therefore I'd say you don't need as much bhp in diesel as it's the torque you drive with

mine was '03 sport and subtle so nothing decent ever tried next to me, only VTRs.. which you can guess the answer! so I never got to test :(

I assumed you had diesel as you said torque?

mawby_fr

yeah mines the deisel, its such a better car than the corsa, just a bit of wind noise annoying me, seems to be common.

ive had a little go with a leon fr 170 and mine pulled away, not massively but it done orite!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
You should piss all over a leon 170 standard, i would go as far as to say you will give a stage 1 leon fr (200bhp) a go for a while, but the leon's are more top end orientated with there gearing compared to the ibiza.:) I had a bash with a friends stage 1 fabia vrs (same as ibiza) a few weeks ago, first straight i took over him with no hassles, but was a bit of an unfair comparison with a stage 2 leon fr

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
Ive had a 182, a mates modded xsara VTs that had 182's aswell cudnt get away from me, few more mods and il give some of the big boys a run for there money.

Cos

20VT, bitches!
Aug 27, 2010
Brighton
The standard clutch is rated to about 300lb/ft torque, so it's fine with a stage one map

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
As above - clutch should be fine! Iver been running my FR with a stage 1 map now for 8 months and its just about to hit 140k on the original clutch! Still runs like new though :)

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
As above - clutch should be fine! Iver been running my FR with a stage 1 map now for 8 months and its just about to hit 140k on the original clutch! Still runs like new though :)

That's good milage for the OEM clutch - Espessially with a remap.

What milage did you have the remap done at ?

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
That's good milage for the OEM clutch - Espessially with a remap.

What milage did you have the remap done at ?

Yeah! I keep expecting it to start slipping! But I've looked after it tbh - bought the car with 121k on it and had the map done at 131k, so only have done 9k or so on the map, but no signs of trouble....yet :lol:

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
You need to get someone to let you drive an LSD equipped type r... actually unreal. :cry:

My mate runs a turbo'd EP3 with a LSD on there, full flat-floor setup with Tein coilies and fully poly bushed, braced all over the show...inever seen anything handle like that thing. Needless to stay mine doesn't stand a chance...Ibizas are definitely more about going in straight lines lol