Licence Plate Bulbs

Daryl.

Stick Around
Apr 19, 2010
Middlesbrough, North East
ive been going round lately with one number plate bulb because i got some white bulbs and they flagged up errors and didnt work ( broke one of my originals ) so then i got some off ebay for 06+ leon, and im getting the same problem :/ will go on with 1 origanal bulb BUT as soon as i put the other white one they go on for 5 seconds then go off :cry:

anyone had this problem with theres and know a solution :(

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
ive been going round lately with one number plate bulb because i got some white bulbs and they flagged up errors and didnt work ( broke one of my originals ) so then i got some off ebay for 06+ leon, and im getting the same problem :/ will go on with 1 origanal bulb BUT as soon as i put the other white one they go on for 5 seconds then go off :cry:

anyone had this problem with theres and know a solution :(

Turn off the bulb check feature for the number plate lights with Vag-Com? you can get a cable and software for 20-30 quid then do some other mods with it too.

sniperftw

You have to buy canbus cancelling one's i got mine for a tenner!!

221.jpg

Please nobody rape my numberplate! i didnt erase it cause i wanted to show good they work haha!

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi Daryl,

I have just put LED bulbs in my MR2 and they look ok from some angles but the beam is very direct and lights up the road more than the plate area. IMO i would just get some normal but very good 501 sidelight bulbs and save the hassle.;)

Rob

sniperftw

think there called festoon bulbs! or sumthing like that........ cost around 9.99 of ebay! Just do some ebay searching! you'll find um eventually! well worth it....makes the car look freshhhh

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
Oddly, I had the left one replaced on my last service about a month ago. Then when driving in convoy with some friends the other day, I got told my left number plate bulb was out again.

Checked it when I got back and it was fine. I'm suspecting water ingress. Going to check the to see if there are any DTCs when my vagcom cable turns up.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.