How can I make these fit 12" steelies

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
Like this guy on ed38.
GodfreyTrims.jpg

so much nicer when you see it in person. i didn't think it would look good, but when done properly its really good!

lots of people doing it now, and i like it

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
wtf m0rk, if they wanna do it, what skin off your teeth is it?
always got to give comments to cause arguements!
like the "jolfa" of ed38 on here :)

enjoy the attention *hi5*

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
to the OP... reckon you should just give it a go! see what it looks like :D
if you dont like it, 2 seconds and they are off anyway lol

dont listen to others on this thread, just give it a go

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah exactly cus, I don't like them, I gave him advice how to do it (read about it)
if he wants to be different thumbs up!

and that pic of the jetta coupe is banded steels with normal sized trims, looks well funky :p

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
yeah exactly cus, I don't like them, I gave him advice how to do it (read about it)
if he wants to be different thumbs up!

and that pic of the jetta coupe is banded steels with normal sized trims, looks well funky :p

everyones different.. if we were all the same how boring would life be!? dare to be different... [B)]

would hate to go to a car show and everyones cars to be identical! lol how boring...

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
so you wanna ban me for talking my mind mark? people have squables all the time on forums, do they get banned?
so i'm not allowed to say anything back to a mod/admin even if they are rude?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I'm all for the large rimmed/trimmed look as in the thread posted up top so why not use large trims on large wheels ?

tie wrapping 16" trims on 13" wheels is always gonna look like a 16" trim tie wrapped on a 13" rim, even more so close up and bordering on barryboys bargain basement to be honest but do ya own thing

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
I'm all for the large rimmed/trimmed look as in the thread posted up top but tie wrapping 16" trims on 13" wheels is always gonna look like a 16" trim tie wrapped on a 13" rim, even more so close up

bordering on barryboys bargain basement to be honest but do ya own thing

nice opinion..

but to be honest, when i've seen them, and i've seen alot after going to local dub meets and edition38... if its dont properly, and they are clever with hiding the tiewraps, they are great! and look really good.

but people have different opinions i guess, and people probably should be as narrow minded.
i'll watch what i say incase i get banned though lol.

cant disagree with you or admin

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I dread to think when the chrome spinner's are gonna start turning up though :whistle: jk

more a case of all thing's in moderation I guess, once it starts to spiral it all gets a bit daft for me, I like the old merc trim idea as it has an inspired 'touch' sort of feel about it and as above the large rimmed/trimmed look too but as with all thing's 'scene' it all soon get's ruined once the sheep start bleating over the season

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
The way I see it is if you like it, do it. dont even think about what people think. People called me stupid for putting 16" banded steels on my leon but it worked and looked awesome.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
like anything flapper, in moderation looks great, I think slight stretch looks good
its when you see someone putting a 165/50/15 on a 9J and you thing WTF?

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
I dread to think when the chrome spinner's are gonna start turning up though :whistle: jk

more a case of all thing's in moderation I guess, once it starts to spiral it all gets a bit daft for me, I like the old merc trim idea as it has an inspired 'touch' sort of feel about it and as above the large rimmed/trimmed look too but as with all thing's 'scene' it all soon get's ruined once the sheep start bleating over the season

i agree with the merc trims, they do look good!
it all depends on the car you drive, the lowness and other things you've done to your car, as to whether you will pull it off. worth a try though, as its cheap enough to do

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise