How can I make these fit 12" steelies

vngtx

why not use steelies from a bigger car with adapters and slightly stretched tyres? although that does seem an expensive alternative to just sticking big trims on.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
that's why it started as a craze because of a supply of larger steels from other models that fitted without the spacers/adapters and cost of expensive alloys

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
The way I see it is if you like it, do it. dont even think about what people think. People called me stupid for putting 16" banded steels on my leon but it worked and looked awesome.

got to say your banded steelies look the bees knees mate. love um.

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Like this guy on ed38.
GodfreyTrims.jpg

hmm, I think i needs to get some big trims for my steels :)

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
jeez! i go away for 2 hrs & WW3 broke out.
the 'scene' has a lot to answer for...merely my lowly humble opinion of course being an old grumpy barsteward who doesn't understand 'shiny things'

max4beats

@ Dave 88, Suj, cus

Thanks for the opinion! I'm going to give it a bash i think it looks mint!

@ M0rk..... You're an Idiot! 1 word

Deleted member 55598

Just paint a pattern of alloy's over your steelies and the tyres too, thatd look so good too!
:lol:

max4beats

Ok....I think i need to sort this out as i started it!
I only posted this because i thought it looked good and wanted to know how it was done!
I never asked for anyones personal opinion and I didnt want it to get spammed by peoople of a narrow mind!
If you dont think it looks good thats your own opinion and believe me your more than entitled to it but theres no need to be spamming the post with comments like

"wow. that looks even more **** than I thought it could" "you seem to have spelt "****" by using the word "awesome" by mistake"

Anyway, I think it looks good and i'm gonna give it a try on my old steelies, i can get the trims free from a friend with a passat and i might spray em, if it looks **** i'll just get rid of them simple as....

So anyway, Dave 88 or Suj, should i just cut the original trimming on the back of the trims off and cable tie them on ya?

max4beats

end of the day mate, its your car! :) so do what you like to it! as long as you like it, dont care bout what others say!

I would like steelies believe me but i don't have the funds at the moment :p

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
considering i might do this lol.
i have perfect 13inch steels outt he back and have 16inch hubcaps.

max if u do it get some pics up, if i like i might do. :)

agreed dave... spammers xD

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
i agree with some of your statements, BUT these people you relate to as spammers, are the people that keep this site running, if it werent for them, you would be discussing this situation with your mum at the dinner table...

as for attaching them, yes, take the wire ring off, cut the remaining clips off, that cable tie them onto your steel wheel

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.