Vmr 710 19"

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
They will be here tomorrow, and I'm taking them to mtech for a trial fit and expert opinion, if they are a no go is there a swaps and trades section on here ? And am I eligible to use ?
Cheers again Jinxy

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
IM HERE!!! :D right if I was you mate I would ditch the 235 tyres as they will definately rub even without your car being lowered. Sell them on. If your going to lower the car I would go for a 215/35/19 tyre. Will give it a nice subtle stretch and bring the tread of the tyre inside the arch so you wont get hassled by the :cop: I never bother looking at Offsets to be honest and just go wild and make the wheels fit :happy: and ive never had a problem with rubbing and my cars on the tiles! (or was as shes now gone :cry: ) The rears will definately fit with that offset as the rear arches are massive on the mk2 but the lips on the fronts are a pain with tyres catching so you need to get the tyre sizes right. I would go with my suggestion of 215/35/19. Any problems mate give me a PM and Id be happy to help.

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
IM HERE!!! :D right if I was you mate I would ditch the 235 tyres as they will definately rub even without your car being lowered. Sell them on. If your going to lower the car I would go for a 215/35/19 tyre. Will give it a nice subtle stretch and bring the tread of the tyre inside the arch so you wont get hassled by the :cop: I never bother looking at Offsets to be honest and just go wild and make the wheels fit :happy: and ive never had a problem with rubbing and my cars on the tiles! (or was as shes now gone :cry: ) The rears will definately fit with that offset as the rear arches are massive on the mk2 but the lips on the fronts are a pain with tyres catching so you need to get the tyre sizes right. I would go with my suggestion of 215/35/19. Any problems mate give me a PM and Id be happy to help.

Mate you are a legend, a god send, a reprieve:clap::clap::clap: PM incoming:D

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010

Am having trouble shooting you a PM, clicked ur profile but its not giving me the PM option:confused:

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010

will have to talk on here Dave:) seems im not able to send PM's for 15 days:(
i was going to say.. so the back ones will fit without rubbing/bumping with the 235/35/19:lol:
No with regards to the front, if i change the fronts to 215/35/19 as you say, will they defo be sweet ? ie no rubbing/bumping ?

Also is there any safety aspects to take into account with the 215 on, as the wife is due a wee one in 4 weeks, so safety is ALWAYS gonna be my 1st priority ?

Many thanks Jinxy:D

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
i was going to say.. so the back ones will fit without rubbing/bumping with the 235/35/19:lol:
No with regards to the front, if i change the fronts to 215/35/19 as you say, will they defo be sweet ? ie no rubbing/bumping ?

Also is there any safety aspects to take into account with the 215 on, as the wife is due a wee one in 4 weeks, so safety is ALWAYS gonna be my 1st priority ?

bump;)

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim

Sorry bud had to take a wee trip to Asda :redface: lol

All this nonsense about stretch tyres been unsafe I think is a load of :w4nk: IMO. Ive never had any problems and neither have any of my mates and I always drive my car hard :whistle:

215/35/19s would definately stop the rubbage onto the arch on the fronts. If you were planning to lower the car i would defo change the tyres all the way around. The rears may scrub with 19s and those offsets but trial and error is your best bet.

When you get the wheels, try them on and test drive it and it will give you a better idea of what you will need before you start shelling out cash. If the rubbing isnt major and its only on the arch liners I would leave it and they will sort themselves out. If it catches on the lips I would change the tyres as it will damage your paint and the tyres :)

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
Sorry bud had to take a wee trip to Asda :redface: lol

All this nonsense about stretch tyres been unsafe I think is a load of :w4nk: IMO. Ive never had any problems and neither have any of my mates and I always drive my car hard :whistle:

215/35/19s would definately stop the rubbage onto the arch on the fronts. If you were planning to lower the car i would defo change the tyres all the way around. The rears may scrub with 19s and those offsets but trial and error is your best bet.

When you get the wheels, try them on and test drive it and it will give you a better idea of what you will need before you start shelling out cash. If the rubbing isnt major and its only on the arch liners I would leave it and they will sort themselves out. If it catches on the lips I would change the tyres as it will damage your paint and the tyres :)

Cheers for getting back to me Dave:) have you stretched further than 20mil ?
I am planning to fit Jamex coilovers in the not to distant future (if these wheels permit, dont mind firing 215's on alround staight off if they are 100% safe, stop any rubbing bumping, and allow me to lower:D
Your help has been invaluble m8:clap::clap:

So my final question:whistle:

If i just stick 215's on alround tomorrow the ride and fitment will be sweet ?

Again many thanks Dave

Cheers Jinxy;)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester

many have tried tested and argued the point for many many years and I agree to a point but even you gotta admit then there is a fine line limit between being in style+safe and downright stupidity though

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
many have tried tested and argued the point for many many years and I agree to a point but even you gotta admit then there is a fine line limit between being in style+safe and downright stupidity though

you think putting 215 in place of 235 is unsafe m8 ? (just for the record, i don't drive the car HARD':)

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
Cheers for getting back to me Dave:) have you stretched further than 20mil ?
I am planning to fit Jamex coilovers in the not to distant future (if these wheels permit, dont mind firing 215's on alround staight off if they are 100% safe, stop any rubbing bumping, and allow me to lower:D
Your help has been invaluble m8:clap::clap:

So my final question:whistle:

If i just stick 215's on alround tomorrow the ride and fitment will be sweet ?

Again many thanks Dave

Cheers Jinxy;)

No worries mate here to help :) Yeah 215/35s if your planning on coilovers otherwise you will be paying out £ twice for tyres of different sizes.

Like I said, if you testfit before you get the tyres if will give you an idea of how they will sit then you can plan around that.

Im not sure about stretching 20mm but I was running 215/35/18s on my merc segins which were 9j and thats about the limit that I would go TBF.

I agree theres a limit and I would never go past that Im just stating that Ive never had a problem with running stretch aslong as its within reason :)

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
No worries mate here to help :) Yeah 215/35s if your planning on coilovers otherwise you will be paying out £ twice for tyres of different sizes.

Like I said, if you testfit before you get the tyres if will give you an idea of how they will sit then you can plan around that.

Im not sure about stretching 20mm but I was running 215/35/18s on my merc segins which were 9j and thats about the limit that I would go TBF.

I agree theres a limit and I would never go past that Im just stating that Ive never had a problem with running stretch aslong as its within reason :)

cheers m8, if you go down from 235 to 215 is that not stretching 20mil:redface: i'm new to this:doh:

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
erm....just do it.....it'll be fine :lol: il try find a pics now for you of my stretch

Cheers, as soon as they land tomorrow there going in the van down to the tyre fitters for a trial and error fitting, many thanks Dave really appreciate the help;) will look at ur pic:)

nearly forgot, theres no MOT issues with them is there ? :)

Last edited:

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
IMG_0010.jpg

There you go mate. Thats a 215/35/18 on a 9j so you get an idea. just have a search on google images for some 19" pics....

http://carview-img02.bmcdn.jp/minkara/note/000/001/002/632/1002632/p2.jpg

Ive never had a problem with stretch and MOT :)

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members