Bigger Intercooler ??

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
If hes not selling The forge one I will go for that bigger eBay one ! Can I get the pipework n some blue hose off eBay too ? I literally never use eBay lol

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
not wanting to sound 'nasty', but you have had loads of information on here about parts / coolers... plus the car is now 8-9 years old, your not the first one to fit a bigger intercooler and there is TONS of info about different coolers .. if you use the search button. :)

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
fair enough, but when you use a proper pc, dont forget the button :)

Other people use a laguna intercooler and they are running similar power.

out of interest though.. if your using a K04 turbo with all those other mods... you really should be able to get more power than your currently getting.

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
Well the intercooler if u lookin page 1 that I'm using is really restrictive I'm peanut at 23 psi but dropon off to 14 at times in third cause the cooler just won't flow the air properly it's been mapped by Jabba and mike spent 7 hours on it n told me ita def just the intercooler also I the bolts on the turbo to manifold wernt completely tight n I blew that gasket so that would of lost me abit too as afte it was mapped it was 252 then I done the gasket n it felt abit quicker n held boost a little more bit still drops off to 16- 17 on full chat but I'm not getting a power run till I change the cooler now no point

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
would a cooler lose that much boost ? cant be that restrictive to lose almost 10 psi ??

they certainly can, especially when you have a rubbish 'dual' pass like m0sch has. (sorry mosch but that cooler really is crap.

and in if you want to do things correctly and properly buy a decent cooler and get it done and out the way. If you buy cheap now, you will have to fork out in the future to get a better one. pro alloys are good and at a good price

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
Yeah suppose just cant really afford one at the mo tho but yeah the grs cooler is crap I know now lol was fine before the k04 but just not good enough now ! Pro alloy is about £400 right ??

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Yeah suppose just cant really afford one at the mo tho but yeah the grs cooler is crap I know now lol was fine before the k04 but just not good enough now ! Pro alloy is about £400 right ??

Pro Ally custom is around £400 yeah... Does the universal kit mean you have to weld brackets onto it to hang it from the crash bar?

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Im hoping to get my cooler next year and looking at the wiltec /toyo-ones on ebay... or the pro alloy one.

The bigger the core the better as and inter cooler works like a heat sink, more surface area you got taking that heat out the air flowing through the better.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.