what is vag com and how do i use it?

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
VCDS/VAG-COM is a computer based diagnostic program for VAG cars.

It allows you to scan for fault codes relating to the issues you have, as well as clearing such fault codes if required. The minium a local garage would charge you for rigging your car up to their own diagnostic program is about £30. If you have VCDS, you can do that for free. :)

It also helps as it has output test features (activating functions via computer rather than your car's controls) and measuring blocks which can prove very helpful.

Also allows remote key coding.

wendy.713

Yes,Vag com help you diagnsotic your cars when it has some problem,you can do it by yourself.

we have large range of diagnostic tool and car code scaner ,car keyp programmer for all brand cars.

skype ww.713

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The software is free.

You have to buy the lead which enables the software.

Depending on what car you have will dictate what lead you need. For example for the latter CAN cars you need the hex can lead which is around 200-250quid.

You can download the shareware version and use a tenner lead off ebay, but these are very hit and miss and have no back up and support from the excellent rosstech team.

tabasco71

Sounds dangerous

Does this software allow you to actually make changes to the car or does it simply produce a report which allows you to see where there are problems with the engine?

While I think the idea of messing around with my cars ECU sounds like fun, I also feel its probably the fastest way for me to completely :censored: my car up.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Does this software allow you to actually make changes to the car or does it simply produce a report which allows you to see where there are problems with the engine?

While I think the idea of messing around with my cars ECU sounds like fun, I also feel its probably the fastest way for me to completely :censored: my car up.

Both. Although you are protected in that the freebie doesn't allow full access to everything, and the dangerous bits are covered by an 'are you sure' message.

You can't do anything dangerous by accident.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
no but its funny when people do (is that a bit sick?), VCDS is a very powerful piece of kit and left in the wrong hands can cause catasrophic problems.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire

You can change settings, most common of which are comfort settings but how many you can change depends on your vehicle. For instance, on a Mk4 Ibiza you can only change things like auto-locking, 1 touch unlocking etc, whereas on a 2009 Audi A6 you can change a hell of a lot more.

You can also change engine settings, such as increasing idle speed, reduce EGR usage or even disable it altogether, as well as other things.

Use common sense with the program and you won't **** things up, I was once a learner with VCDS and have been using it for about 3 years now yet have never managed to brick an ECU.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.