OEM Intercooler Mods

Pyro

Tis a good idea steely but you can keep your fogs well get some shortened ones ;)

oldskool

ive seen some mk4 boys using this, however i dont know how effective it is on the go, which is the majority of my driving , the times im at traffic lights is very minimal, so in my opibion a fmic would be best. im not a fan of losing my fogs, but wanted more cooling so bought a cupra r standard setup, twin coolers. havent fitted it yet. may just sell it as i feel the stock smic is good enough for me

oldskool

in essence what im saying is, i wouldnt do it personally

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
The Forge FMIC allows you to keep your fogs and looks OEM when fitted

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
yes but its 450 quid, intercoolers fall into the same extorsionate prices as performance induction kits,

they might as well bend you over at the same time,.

i'm going to have a play and do some logs and see if i have any beneficial results :) then if im wrong best get saving!

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
seen similar set ups on golf diesels (vwdiesel.net forumz) but they had a switch inside the car that the driver would switch on/off themselves and not by some electronic gadget or some peeps had the on full time. Steely, let me know how you get on fella.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
If it wasnt running its effectively obscuring the rear of the cooler adding more resistance to the air.
maybe tied in with a grill/vent in the wheel arch to give the air somewhere to go?
I cant see it getting close to a front mount though once on the move?

Be interested in hearing the results.:)

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
I bet it's worse than leaving the standard intercooler there especially on the move as like you say it's blocking the intercooler ,

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I think cutting some slits in the wheel arch is possibly the best you can do with the LCs side mount.

FMIC all the way.

EDIT Just realised Steely has an LCR but id guess the same would apply