fault code p0411

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
only had my leon 1.8T for about a month now but today i was stuck in traffic and noticed my engine light on so i plugged her in and got fault code p0411 - secondary air injection system incorrect flow..

i erased the fault code and drove for about 15 miles and it hasent came back on but would still like to know what the culpratge is for the near future so i can just replace it if its going faulty on me

please i hope some one can help

jason

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
nice one

but what is the secondary air injection pump is that the plastic turbo looking thing right at the bottom of the engine just behind the radiator?

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=293133

been having problems with mine also, the pump is loacated just below the oil filter if you look up from under the car (have to remove heat shield first) there is a post telling you step by step how to do it, will look for that for you in a sec

i phoned around about a replacemement today and was quoted almost £350 for a new sais pump from the stealers... just ordered a new fault code scanner so i can just turn the light off when it comes on, also fitted a resistor to stop the lights etc blinking when it was trying to turn the faulty pump on... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160506828266&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT is the reader i ordered... will do untill i can afford a liquid gauge (next on my shopping list)

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
whilst looking at ur thread i came across the one about the failing rivets the underside of my car toolk a rather large knock from me underestamating the snowwey conditions so i may take a look at this also.

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
the pump? in short it blows hot air onto the cat when the car is cold to lower your emissions when the engine is not up to temp... basically it does nothing but cause a big headache with the engine light and alot of money to replace for something thats kinda pointless in this country.. my pump totally went, like i couldent hear a jet engine (or hairdryer) when starting my car all the happened is the lights would blink every few seconds the pump was supposed to be on..

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
oh lol bugging me that they put pointless **** on the thing is the car was already up to temp so y would it be blowing hot air in to it! lol

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
i think the worst part is how the incorrect flow turns on the engine light... my pump is not even plugged in and yet it still brings on the eml light..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members