droplinks?

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
You'll only need them if you have an additional rear arb. There is no strange design like an E46 BMW where the front arb is mounted to the middle of the strut so if you replaced with a shorter strut you'd need shorter droplinks.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
As Ed says:
There are no droplinks on the front, the ARB bolts directly to the wishbone.
The normal rear ARB is inside the rear beam so no links; only an aftermarket ARB will have droplinks and they are normally adjustable anyway (well the Neuspeed on my car is!)

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
That said, there's a bush in the eyelet that bolts to the lower arm that the arb attaches to.

If it's never been replaced, it may tighten things up.

Poly replacements are available.

There are a couple of mount rubbers where the central part of the arb meets the front subframe that could feasibly be upgraded too.

From my own experience, if the eyelets have never been replaced, they're likely to shear off while you're trying to unbolt them..

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Sorry to bump up a relatively old thread, but I'm having trouble finding the bushes for the endlinks? Could anyone shine a light on some? Managed to get my hands on the ones for the subframe itself :) Polybush that is. Thanks in advance!

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
The various rubbers and washers for the drops between the arb and lower arms are part of a kit with the droplink eye bolt itself unless you're shopping VAG original. You can usually pick them up under a tenner on fleabay, or possibly euro carp parts ... Last time I looked about a year ago anyway.

If you want more confidence, try Andrew James, bit pricier but parts usually much better (actually oem not 'monkey metal' grade - horrible term)

From my experience, the chances of getting those drops undone without them shearing are pretty low unless they're recent fits, so might as well buy the kit...

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
After much looking, since posting that comment, I've since found the arb bushes, typical lol. The ones that go in the eyelets, and the ones that sandwich between the wishbones... I have 2 new droplinks mate, so not to worry about that :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members