LCR Owners w/Remaps - I Need Your Input Please

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Here's my print out Sorry if it's not very clear.
Mod's at the time were AmD Stage 1 map, Forge Split-R, Smoothed and drilled airbox with 3" feed pipe. 274.2 BHP & 295.2 lb/ft
DSC00102.jpg

Thats quite a high figure mate

Your mods are near the same as mine and I made 258.7bhp with 266 lbft of torque

I had a different map and my air box only had the green panel filter and it was still standard

I have a RR day on the 25th at Star Performance so i'll see if drilling and smoothing the air box has made any difference

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
274 with a stage 1 map and those mods isnt going to achieve that, sorry but somebodys having you on there i think?. Thats a very high figure most maps in reality only make 250-260. if you speak to most tuners you would hardly get that from a stage 2 with a full miltek, FMIC, filter, cold air intake, high flow cat. very good figures have you took it on any more dyno's?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Well the car made the power and I saw it with my own eye's and the graph above proves it, this run was done not long after a service which may of helped.
It has been on the roller's since that run and it was a bit down on power which we think was due to altering the feed pipe to the airbox.

DYNO LOTTERY :shrug:

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
D.Ks car is a 225 there are other 225 owners with similar mods to D.K that have made same power. Most maps that will give you 250-260 bhp are normally on 210 lcrs. Mine is a 210 and mine hit 260. At the end of the day it's a case of dyno lottery and also if the rollers are correctly calibrated.

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
i must say i am impressed with those figures, what sort of boost pressure are you running? boost spike peak and then what does it hold in psi/bar?

I am currently changing my remap from my previous one to a custom code on tuesday, hopefully i will be impressed i will keep you informed. AMD is too far for me to travel and too far if i need to go back etc. although the outputs seem good i would be tempted if it was closer. i have heard good things from a custom code map so hopefully will be ok

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
To be honest I have know idea what boost etc was as the printout is in my locker at work will find out tomorrow also I haven't got a boost guage either

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Mine peaks at 1.7 bar and settles at 1.5 bar and hold's it to the line, which I know people will say is too high, but I dont think my gauge is very accurate

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
D.Ks car is a 225 there are other 225 owners with similar mods to D.K that have made same power. Most maps that will give you 250-260 bhp are normally on 210 lcrs. Mine is a 210 and mine hit 260. At the end of the day it's a case of dyno lottery and also if the rollers are correctly calibrated.

Mine is the 225 as well mate and with near identical mods it made a lot less than DKs

Like DK says tho dyno lottery is a fair shout.

I have drilled and smoothed my air box now so the 25th at Star will tell me if its a worth while performance mod or just good on the ears lol

As for boost, mine boosts at 21psi and drops to 15psi but holds it to the red line (No idea what thats in Bar)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Mine is the 225 as well mate and with near identical mods it made a lot less than DKs

Like DK says tho dyno lottery is a fair shout.

I have drilled and smoothed my air box now so the 25th at Star will tell me if its a worth while performance mod or just good on the ears lol

As for boost, mine boosts at 21psi and drops to 15psi but holds it to the red line (No idea what thats in Bar)
14.5 PSI = 1 BAR

15 PSI = 1.03 BAR

21 PSI = 1.45 BAR

Which Star map did you go for? Numbers or smoothness??

Muhammad

Mine peaks at 1.7 bar and settles at 1.5 bar and hold's it to the line, which I know people will say is too high, but I dont think my gauge is very accurate

1.5bar to the redline?! :lol:

It is impossible for a K04 to give you 1.5bar at the redline! I've seen a KKK K24 give about 1.35 bar to the redline, and that was pushing it quite hard...

Mine has a map, 3" DP, 200 cell sports cat, Miltek catback, Forge TIP, 007p and peaks at 21psi (1.45bar) and gradually falls back to 17psi (1.2bar) at the redline. It made 265 bhp with 266 ft/lbs torque on one dyno, and a similar figure on another dyno!

Edit: just to add, I did some logging and found my peak MAF value was 210g/s. Not sure what that "equates" (I know it's not an exact science) to in BHP though...

Last edited by a moderator:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
1.5bar to the redline?! :lol:

It is impossible for a K04 to give you 1.5bar at the redline! I've seen a KKK K24 give about 1.35 bar to the redline, and that was pushing it quite hard...

Mine has a map, 3" DP, 200 cell sports cat, Miltek catback, Forge TIP, 007p and peaks at 21psi (1.45bar) and gradually falls back to 17psi (1.2bar) at the redline. It made 265 bhp with 266 ft/lbs torque on one dyno, and a similar figure on another dyno!

Edit: just to add, I did some logging and found my peak MAF value was 210g/s. Not sure what that "equates" (I know it's not an exact science) to in BHP though...

Did you read the last bit of the thread you quoted ?

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
i have custom code and its mapped to 265 ish with equivalent torque...1st and 2nd gears are a bit more powerfull than the standard map but when you are in 3rd and above it really pulls well...all the way up to the redline. 4th gear pulls like a train even from low revs i.e 2000 rpm...even when you are sitting in 6th on the motorway at 85 the engine is sitting at 3400 rpm which is slightly higher than standard but you have boost on tap....just tap your right foot and you will see 95 and above very quick..

revo is cool too, i was looking at that myself, but i went with custom code in the end...just incase you havent researched custom code...your peak boost on CCph1 should be 1.5 bar and hold 1.1- 1.3 bar even in 6th you will be 1.2 bar sitting at 100..

I have the same and completely agree. I have had revo on my ibiza cupra and thats awesome also, what steered me into custom codes direction on the leon was the low price deal they had going which was £250 cheaper than revo. The advantage of revo is I got a SPS Switch so settings can be changed manually to suit summer/winter where custom code has an application for your laptop requiring a cable BUT I could never get it to work as I have windows Vista and 7 laptops, but maybe they have fixed the software now?

but overall im chuffed with the custom code map.

932matthew

Mar 14, 2008
Rossendale
i have just had a revo stage 1 map update @ awesome and it set up on there rolling road. it made 270bhp and 360 ft-lbs of torque, and has totally transformed the car. i did have a apr map and was also impressed with that, but the revo is awesome right through the rev range:-o

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.