Brakes makes and what fits

crossedmike

Well with a new engine in looking to uprate the brakes I'm wondering what disks and pads fit as in other makes and models

Or any reccomendations

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
mk3 cupra will have the same brakes as you already have.

MK3 cupra R brembo's are a bolt on mod, pricey though.

F2 Stu has mk4 ibiza 312mm discs and calipers I believe. Look at his readers ride thread. This does require disc drilling though.

crossedmike

mk3 cupra will have the same brakes as you already have.

MK3 cupra R brembo's are a bolt on mod, pricey though.

F2 Stu has mk4 ibiza 312mm discs and calipers I believe. Look at his readers ride thread. This does require disc drilling though.

Brembo no go as I have 15s would have to buy new wheels and the. Brakes

I'll have a look at f2 stus now and I'm thinking greenstuff pads

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Your pretty much stuck with the original brakes when keeping 15's. Unless you want to spend lots of money....

Yellowstuff are known to be better the greenstuff which are just messy and eat discs. Ferodo DS2500's are the dogs danglies. But at £90ish expensive for everyday road use.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Haha i deserve that i did the same to big pete lol

;)

biggest you could fit behind 15"s is the standard 16v ones as there 280mm rotors and the calliper does stick out a fair old bit

like M1keh said mk3 cupras use the same size brakes and the Cupra R would require a set of 17" wheels

depending on what sort of power your after i would upgrade:
up to 200bhp MK2 16v brakes with green-stuff pads and some vented disks
200+ time to get bigger wheels and some cupra R brakes

just my 2pennies

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Personal opinion is steer clear of EBC products if you actually intend to drive your car:
I had EBC yellowstuff pads in my Ibiza which lasted 1 1/2 track days / approx 500 miles.
I've got EBC Ultimax discs on my S3 which have warped very badly - and I don't even drive the S3 that hard.

As someone mentioned, DS2500 pads are much better. In terms of discs - I need some 280mm for my Cordy so currently on the hunt. I think my Ibiza had Black Diamond ones in there which I never had a problem with.

crossedmike

I'll have a look at the black diamond ones and see I noticed brembo do set to fit the Ibiza mk2 but I think it's the name u paying for

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I'll have a look at the black diamond ones and see I noticed brembo do set to fit the Ibiza mk2 but I think it's the name u paying for

Not paying for the name fella! Brembo's on the Mk2 are amazing! I Know :D

Stu's as AP Racing (Seat Sport Calipers) with the 312mm set up...... if you wanting to keep to 15's then you are very limited!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Personal opinion is steer clear of EBC products if you actually intend to drive your car:
I had EBC yellowstuff pads in my Ibiza which lasted 1 1/2 track days / approx 500 miles.
I've got EBC Ultimax discs on my S3 which have warped very badly - and I don't even drive the S3 that hard.

As someone mentioned, DS2500 pads are much better. In terms of discs - I need some 280mm for my Cordy so currently on the hunt. I think my Ibiza had Black Diamond ones in there which I never had a problem with.

+1 EBC stuff are ****! But I hvae haerd good things about Blue Stuff..... bascially the same as the DS2500 (which I would bet my life on) Love the DS2500's

crossedmike

Not paying for the name fella! Brembo's on the Mk2 are amazing! I Know :D

Stu's as AP Racing (Seat Sport Calipers) with the 312mm set up...... if you wanting to keep to 15's then you are very limited!

Ohh I no brembos are good I mean they do disks and pads under the brembo name so I'm wondering how good they are compared to other uprated brands

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
Ohh I no brembos are good I mean they do disks and pads under the brembo name so I'm wondering how good they are compared to other uprated brands

They are just plain vented rotors and are perfectly ok for road use. ATE ones are ok too and they used to do one with an eliptical groove which I think Badger Bill a long time ago began making a version of. You might be able to get some 4 pot Wilwoods to fit and I'm sure there is a guide from years back somewhere. If I'm not mistaken it was RobT that started out with these on 15s or 16s.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise