Diverter/Dump Valve..

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
Been getting the 'check DV' code since forever ago without getting to the bottom of the problem (checked pipes and changed dump valve for another oem one)

Is the Diverter Valve seperate from the dump valve? my chief mechanic (scotty) has suggested changing this since the dump valve was changed 10k miles ago. I want to order a new set but want to ask you guys what the best option is...

I want the Forge 007p from what i have been able to read on here, but do i need to change the dump valve at the same time, if so can anyone recomend the best one for my car (1.8 20vt cupra, AUQ engine?) anything else i need to know and is it worth replacing anything else at the same time (im trying to keep my car as standard as possible) and the costs down as much as pos..

Last edited:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Dump valve/diverter valve are the same thing mate, just people refer to them differently. But for reference it is a diverter valve you are after, the forge dv007p gets my vote, it a very reliable and well made valve that is tunable and easily serviced, but if you are not remapped then the oem should suffice but like any component is prone to failure from just simple everyday use.

What is the exact error code you are getting and is the car exhibiting signs apart from the error code to let u to believe that it is in fact your DV to blame, have you had your car leak tested?

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
Dump valve/diverter valve are the same thing mate, just people refer to them differently. But for reference it is a diverter valve you are after, the forge dv007p gets my vote, it a very reliable and well made valve that is tunable and easily serviced, but if you are not remapped then the oem should suffice but like any component is prone to failure from just simple everyday use.

What is the exact error code you are getting and is the car exhibiting signs apart from the error code to let u to believe that it is in fact your DV to blame, have you had your car leak tested?

17705/P1297 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!) (also says intermittant) and nothing noticable... like the turbo is always there on command and i never feel any drop in pressure...

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Well it's either a leak or the DV is faulty, you can test the dv using the same method forge document on there website, failing that a visual inspecting of the pipe work is not enough to determine if you are leaking boost, there are countless areas where a small split could be hiding, believe me I know, I had so many leaks at one stage I made a DIY leak tester.

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
Is there like a set of pipes i can order or would i have to order every pipe in the engine bay one by one? maybe i can do both things at the same time...

Sorry if im a noob lol just trying to get to the bottom of this code as its not a problem but i just want to get it sorted incase it turns into one.. i get my friend to do most of the mechanical work on the car since he works for beer and peanuts...;)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members