external wastegate vs actuator

daves ibiza

Right guys I bought a wastegate off a mate. Its external 38mm mvs vband any one got a guide to what vacs go where ect, any help will be awesome guys.

Cheers dave

daves ibiza

Ok cheers bill so I block off other port yeah and use lower port for vac off n75 correct. Also what about top port is that for atmosphere on block off to, thanks a lot mate.

Dave

daves ibiza

can someone clarify this please , as build coming together now. scn used to be very helpfull now its just gone dwn hill:p. as for now ive done all the work myself with no help of no one as people on here dnt like to help or gives you half info and leaves it like tha:confused:

daves ibiza

right guys manifold is nearly made after hours of crafting, turbo will be fitted very soon, just a bit unsure of welded standard wastegate shut, do i tack around pennie hole or tack wer actuator arm goes too, as im running external wastegate, any veiws will be great. and dont wana fully weld it shut as i might have change of plans in the future.

cheers dave

Last edited by a moderator:

daves ibiza

cheers for geting back to me AL, nah that will not do it gotta be tacked or welded shut, cheers bud

daves ibiza

arrrh right i get it, thats a good way mate guna do that as i didnt want to weld a brand spanking new turbo, thanks you very much bro;)

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
you big faggot. tac it in 2 places. either side. if for what ever reason you decide to go without the external wastegate (cant see that happening) then just dremel the welds.

oh and if you need a hand you got my number. told you many time to just give me a bell and i will help you out,

cupra20vt240

someone of the punto forum welded his wastegate to tacs either side and he found himself taking the turbo off again as the weld cracked

daves ibiza

you big faggot. tac it in 2 places. either side. if for what ever reason you decide to go without the external wastegate (cant see that happening) then just dremel the welds.

oh and if you need a hand you got my number. told you many time to just give me a bell and i will help you out,

lol, will be needing help i got loads to do rods ect, i have everything needed for this to fit on car apart from injectors:D, not guna tack it as shes a brand new turbo lol, guna go with bolt through actuator to close penny, get another cupra ry you belong here:p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise