Major Problems. :(

LeeCourt

Yesturday i went out in my car as i needed to pick up my 3yrs sons medication for his epilepsy. Car started but sounded a little rough but picked up quite quickly this was unusual cos its never given me trouble on start, But just put it down to the cold as the car was completely frozen.

I left the car ticking over wilst i cleaned down the windows etc, then set off, i got 2 streets away and the oil light came on bleeping at me? But the car has enough oil its on the max mark.

I went to turn round to try and get home and it just conked out.
i restarted and again sounded rough.

conked out again and wouldnt restart it was as though the battery had died without any warning.

So today i went out bought a new battery and the car didnt want to start just turned slow and died like the battery was dead.
So i got my brother here with jump leads and managed to start the car with more power,It ticked over but was very rough i left it ticking over for a good half hour till it got up to temperature warm the oil up. The car can now start itself with no aid from jump leads. But sounds rough as a dog and when i rev it i get a engine clang noise? and the car has lost power a great deal.

I tried new spark plugs with no joy,
Now im left baffled by the engine noise im thinking either the timming belts jumped or a dodgy valve?? cos its as if its not firing on all 4.

Would it make a clang noise if all 4 where not firing??

could it just be coil pack or its it well a truly Fooked?

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

LeeCourt

Just gutted cos i just bought everything for a service too and a new coilover kit which i havent fitted yet :( so if its somthing major costly im just gonna scrap it buy another car dont really wanna throw more money at it. This winters been really crule as the cars never failed to start never broken down on me all the time ive owned it just sods law for it to be somthing major.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Mines made clunkin sound, when valve snapped in the chamber and was hitting the head and piston, you done diagnostic on it?
Just get it rebuild instead buying a new one....

LeeCourt

Somones told me today that is might just need engine management resetting? thinks it could have been a water problem not oil problem?

whats the likleyhood? im gonna get a diagnostic check done after xmas, and yes it might be the best option to throw a new lump in her.

cheers guys,

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.