vag com Q

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
hello i just got a acer aspire netbook for xmas running windows 7 starter i was wondering if it would be ok to use vagcom on it and if so where can i get it ? i know i can get the lead off ebay but thats all i know so far !

thank

chris

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
m0sch, I understand your confusion but Slimy is correct: all the boxes on that page you mentioned lead to the same download page. Those boxes are the names of the nearly ten year old interfaces we offered which would still be compatible with VCDS-Lite.

If you are looking for a good quality lead that is compatible, may I suggest you contact our distributor Gendan who offers a KKL interface?

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
Yeah bought the lead off tsar site all works fine the lead comes with instructions on how to ibstallbthedrivwr and check the com- ports etc after soon all the instructions everything works fine !

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
gazrhys,

Here is a comparison of VCDS-Lite and VCDS functions: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vag-functions.html

Let's turn the question around a bit: what specifically are you hoping to do with a diagnostic tool for your car? If we could understand what you would like to do, maybe we could tell you if it can be done with VCDS-Lite in the shareware mode and maybe we could tell you how to do it if it can be done.

gazrhys

Oct 24, 2008
Manchester
gazrhys,

Here is a comparison of VCDS-Lite and VCDS functions: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vag-functions.html

Let's turn the question around a bit: what specifically are you hoping to do with a diagnostic tool for your car? If we could understand what you would like to do, maybe we could tell you if it can be done with VCDS-Lite in the shareware mode and maybe we could tell you how to do it if it can be done.

so had a look at the link can you read and clear faults also check how engine is running stuff like that im not the fizzist drink in the fridge but i know a little i think

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Yes you can read and clear fault codes. However in the free shareware mode, the description of the fault may not be present and will be replaced with the message, "Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs - Please Register/Activate". However, the DTC number will always be shown and the DTC can be cleared.

As to checking how the engine is running, you can monitor some live measuring values in the first 25 groups of measuring values. Beyond group 25 (there are up to 255 groups with 4 values per group) you must register the shareware.

Basic Settings, Adaptions, Output tests, Coding modules and so on are all restricted to the registered version.

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
On VCDS-Lite? The free Shareware? which you can covert to full operation for $99? No.

We do not discount VCDS products as we consider a factory level tool for under $500 a steal when the only competing tools out there that can do what VCDS does are in the $7000 to $10,000 range. So, no, we do not discount further to forum members.

Thanks for asking.

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Absolutely. You never get a discount if you don't ask - right?

And remember, when I reply in a forum, I have to think about others who will read the thread. Always have to have my Marketing hat on. Yeah, I know. Who wants to listen to marketing blah blah blah .....

Know that I am not offended by the question!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.