Octavia VRS parts for LCR??

• Thread starter Deleted member 58019
  • Start date

Deleted member 58019

A friend of mine who buys and sells cars has just told me that he's getting a "Hot Octavia VRS" in very soon and would I be interested in the engine mods if he breaks it or returns it to stock so my question is will these parts fit on my 05 plate LCR.
the octavia is:-
"y reg 100.000 mile skoda Octavia 1.8 vrs in silver with 17 dark alloys & hot engine & tip- tronick gear box + full leather black & cream seats"
I'm told it has a forced induction kit, Intercooler, various upgraded pipes and is chipped. So i'd be interested in the intercooler, induction kit, Dump Valve and TIP and then get my car re-mapped.
Any thoughts or is this a non starter?????

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
what make of intercooler isit , single pass or twin pass(same side in and outlet), cause lcr is better with a single pass set up, and i'm sure most of the pipes wouldn't fit a lcr closer to lc than an r i would think

Deleted member 58019

I haven't got a clue what type of intercooler it is, will find out in a few days when I see the car but to be honest if it's not a straight swap I won't bother unless it's a top quality one.

What do you think aboth the forced induction kit and DV would that be the same??

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
induction kit would be different cause of the maf housing being bigger on a lcr than a lc auq engine which is the same as a vrs , and unless its a forge 007p dv don't bother sorry for being so negative

Deleted member 58019

Oh well I won't be having any bits off that motor then! forewarned is forearmend as they say. Thanys for the advice anyway it's much appreciated.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.