Caughing/sputtering poorly cupra

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
When the map sensor went when i had it at around the same RPM as your saying it jault quite badly.

Disconnect the maf to see if it makes a difference or not, best bet would be to get it on vag com.

defected123

Dec 3, 2010
Bolton
Yea it jerked low down but not High revs,I'll check the Maf and map sensors then if nothing need to find some1 with vag com round my end or stick a new set of plugs and 2 new coil packs in

Last edited:

defected123

Dec 3, 2010
Bolton
right update it was that map sensor it has no cable tie on so it managed to work its way up and away from the actual sensor as like you save benny the clip is broke,so ive connected it back up and everything is fine again,boosting back upto 24psi :),been using a lot of methanol even before this problem like a tank a day based on normal and a bit of welly driving,dont know if this is normal or not for this time of year....or poss problem ?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Cool, glad its fixed.

Sounds like your meth could be coming on to early whats it say on the controller?

defected123

Dec 3, 2010
Bolton
iirc about 8/9 i think,if i move it round a bit will it mess it up (ecu) wise or will it not change a thing ? also do i need to clear anything after having this problem with the map sensor the management light is always on due to the evap anyway so i dont know either way cheers

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I think 8/9 is where i had it but im not 100% Bill would be the best man to ask about that, if you adjust the dial up it will bring the meth in higher up in the boost range.

IMO i get a scan with vag-com or atleast some sort of scanner just to see what other faults there could be on there and to delete the existing.

defected123

Dec 3, 2010
Bolton
Wmi problems car won't run

Wmi devils own kit,it's flashing all lights on the in car controller and draining a tank of it in no time,car isn't running properly due to this....the pump in the boot is making a strange noise and the pump light is on in the in car controller so obv. its pumping constantly...any help is appreciated guys as to why its doing this

Last edited:

defected123

Dec 3, 2010
Bolton
map sensor

hi guys,bought a new map sensor today as ive had a scan and told it was playing up causeing my car to only boost to 10psi not 24psi and its not changed a thing.

on idle its popping and banging and smelling badly of fuel so clearly over fuelling,ive got wmi on it with the power to it off as its constantly pumping the tank to empty.

any idea's as to whats going on or what to try and look at next ?

thanks

had the eml cleared after the diagnostic scan but its come back on

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.