Exhaust manifolds for the ko3s Cupra - options?

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Hey,
I want to replace my exhaust manifold. There are numerous cheap stainless on ebay and one cast manifold for £139. I've heard all these will crack. How accurate is this... I've heard even the £200 INA ones crack.

Fadel

Dec 15, 2010
Nottingham
Not for the leon but I bought a cheapy manifold for a previous car, had no problems with it cracking and hear most of the time they crack when heatwrapped but as said this wasn't for leon. Interested to hear if anyone has one though

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
A £200 is still a cheap mani, and a lot of them crack unfortunately

if your oe one cracked? is this why you are changing it?

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Yup after months of me running around in circles changing gaskets I took it to another garage and they concluded it's actually a cracked manifold. They have suggested welding it but it sounds too temporary tbh. So I decided why not take the opportunity to upgrade.

Pyro

I ment Hi-Flow ;) uprated maifold to help the flow of your emission improve spoiling etc

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
P1050589.jpg

Dec 19, 2006
Be warned though a new manifold comes with it's own problem, tubular mani's say that give good gains but flex alto with heat and can be a right pain to fit like I found out and they shrink on to the studs making them a big time consuming job to get off, took me a whole day to get mine on then find out I couldn't get access to to one of the 3 nuts/studs to get it bolted on properly then couldn't get it off again, in the end it took AmD over and day and a half to get it fitted and they didn't like me very much after lol. My advice would be speak to bill about maybe having your old mani bored and smoothed out, shows just as good gains as an uprated one and is easy to get on and off unlike a tubular and will be a fraction of the price too.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Not to mention how hard these things are to fit, Dave!!

If you want to upgrade then I'd get another standard mani and send it to Bill to port it, flows the same as a INA/ATP...

Fadel

Dec 15, 2010
Nottingham
Kineticz can you let us know what bill says? Would be interested if the standard flows just as well when it's been ported

Dec 19, 2006
Another recommendation for Bill he speaks the truth and has the research to back up what he says.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.