Brake Wear Sensors

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Cheers. It says in the manual "check model version" - you'd think they'd put it on their two top of the range models wouldn't you lol.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
my 57 fr tdi doesnt have them, i enabled the feature on vag com and can confirm this doesnt work, i instantly got a warning light saying change pads

Bebe

Of course it doesn't work because your pads don't have the wear sensor. On cars wich have this system, the front pad on left, has an sensor and a jack connected to the car. The car that doesn't have the wear sensor have normal pads, with no wiring or else. I bought DS Performance pads for my Cupra and they have the wiring and jack, but the car doesn't have them so i had to cut it off and use the pads with no sensors.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
hmm... seems some do and some don't then! how would I know whether mine does or not? I have vag-com but I suspect it will come up asking for them to be changed anyway as they are at about 85% worn.

Poverty

hmm... seems some do and some don't then! how would I know whether mine does or not? I have vag-com but I suspect it will come up asking for them to be changed anyway as they are at about 85% worn.

when you change the pads see whether there is somewhere to plug in a brake wear sensor or not.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I won't be changing them. I was hoping that IF the sensor is there then I could enable it before they need changing and so it would then warn me when they do need doing! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.