Help!! EPC light wont go away!!!!

nat85

Apr 16, 2009
recenty my epc light came on after i had put a new battery on, when i tried to clear it with my code reader it clears but comes back on.
I then checked my brake light switch, which i discovered it was broken so brought a new one but still the EPC light will not go!!!!!!!! if i dont touch the brakes the light doesnt come on?? the battery code has gone, but its just the brake code 16955. does any one have a clue whats going on????? :confused:

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
Hi Nat

Is the switch an OEM part? My clutch pedal snapped for the 2nd time and the light wouldnt go off as they garage had fitted an equivalent. Check all pedal related connections.

nat85

Apr 16, 2009
yes all brake lights are working now the switch i got was not a genuine one and epc light is still on but been told by a few people now to get a genuine one and that should stop the code and light keep coming back on so orderd one sat.

nat85

Apr 16, 2009
right fitted genuine brake pedal switch still getting 16955 fault code!!! checked all bulbs,wires,conections all looks fine! :help: :cry::cry::cry:

nat85

Apr 16, 2009
could it be the cruise control switch above the brake pedal switch?? why is this there if the car does not have cruise control??

nat85

Apr 16, 2009
Finally got this sorted, orderd a new cruise contol switch and a rear light bulb holder coz the rear washer jet pipe had come apart in the past and every time you sprayed the rear washer jet it got the bulb holder wet in the boot,dont no if it was the switch or the holder that fixed this as put them both on at the same time, so no more epc light :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.