Remapping

Decypher-X

Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone has remapped their 2.0tdi cr FR yet?

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Lots being done at the moment, just need to choose the right tuning company! Where abouts are you based? Theres a good one in Plymouth

Decypher-X

Im down at the tip of south west wales, miles from anywhere :-(

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hi Decypher,
I take it you asked your mate to post on Newport Edition.
I'll copy my post from there into here for you:

I'm well into my Seat's so I'll help anyway I can.
Does this one have a DPF (I think it does)
Take it for a DPF delete free's up a sh@t ton of power I'm told and then take it to perforamance torque in wolverhampton.

He's remapped my friends and my own diesels and he can provide progressive smooth maps.
Personally whilst Revo are the "Big Dogs" I really dont rate them and I especially don't rate them on Diesels due to the fact they put Peak torque in very early in a large spike.

Many of the Ibiza lot have ended up shredding their clutches when in 6th and putting their foot down to overtake.

Personally I'd recommend Will any day of the week.
Hes highly rated in VAG circles, for instance there were three cars there at 10am, a Skoda Fabia, Audi A3 Sline and my LCR

Then 4 BMW's turned up and apparently he didn't finish till 8pm remapping.
Oh and he drives an R8 so people keep coming back for more, Apparently hes big in the BMW scene aswell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnQjwvQWcb4

Thats mine with before and after Dynos to show the difference in power output and power range, Also he managed to remove a Revo trial from the ECU as apparently they lock the ECU down... Which is nice of them! Oh and he mapped out my EML light as I'm decatted just because I had to wait 20 minutes extra.

Bruce GT3

May 8, 2010
,Location, Location
Another thumbs up for Will at Performance Torque. He did my 2010 CR 170 last May and I have had no problems with it; only praise. and a nice guy to boot....

Hi Decypher,
I take it you asked your mate to post on Newport Edition.
I'll copy my post from there into here for you:

I'm well into my Seat's so I'll help anyway I can.
Does this one have a DPF (I think it does)
Take it for a DPF delete free's up a sh@t ton of power I'm told and then take it to perforamance torque in wolverhampton.

He's remapped my friends and my own diesels and he can provide progressive smooth maps.
Personally whilst Revo are the "Big Dogs" I really dont rate them and I especially don't rate them on Diesels due to the fact they put Peak torque in very early in a large spike.

Many of the Ibiza lot have ended up shredding their clutches when in 6th and putting their foot down to overtake.

Personally I'd recommend Will any day of the week.
Hes highly rated in VAG circles, for instance there were three cars there at 10am, a Skoda Fabia, Audi A3 Sline and my LCR

Then 4 BMW's turned up and apparently he didn't finish till 8pm remapping.
Oh and he drives an R8 so people keep coming back for more, Apparently hes big in the BMW scene aswell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnQjwvQWcb4

Thats mine with before and after Dynos to show the difference in power output and power range, Also he managed to remove a Revo trial from the ECU as apparently they lock the ECU down... Which is nice of them! Oh and he mapped out my EML light as I'm decatted just because I had to wait 20 minutes extra.

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
Doesn't look like I'm getting mine done now :( The tuning company say that if its a facelift its got anti tune protection! Anyone heard of this?

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Doesn't look like I'm getting mine done now :( The tuning company say that if its a facelift its got anti tune protection! Anyone heard of this?

Another thumbs up for Will at Performance Torque. He did my 2010 CR 170 last May and I have had no problems with it; only praise. and a nice guy to boot....

I would tell the "Tuning company" that they are talking out of their arse.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I would tell the "Tuning company" that they are talking out of their arse.

There not actually All of the new ECU's have a Checksum on the ECU, Basically what there saying is they havent got the Hardware/Software to touch it

I know Revo had a problem with Poverty's TTRS believe they have sorted this now

Some comanies can now bypass the checksum and some carnt, i would only touch main Tuning comapnies if you have a new stlye ECU somebody whos got plenty of good feedback and tuning New ECU's

Last edited:

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
They said that they can do it but only at their main site, which is up counrty somewhere, and instead of it costing £280 ish its going to be £400 and I've got to drive to them whereas they said they could come to me and do it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise