the time has come...

nath lav

newbie in the placeeeeee
Jun 23, 2010
newcastle upon tyne
kent fast road cams-Pipercross Viper induction kit. have been bought. 4-1 manifold-sports cat and rolling road dyno goin to happin next month. pics will follow. canit wait to see the gain i will get. really hope its goin to be worth al the money :lol::clap::D

vngtx

i would estimate 130-140bhp and alot of torque with that setup. im liking it. i have standard 2.0 8v and its putting out at least 125hp :) i reckon you will easily pass an ABF ibiza on the strip.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I really like the sound of that set-up. :D. Should produce some good figures and be worth the money. Might be worth upgrading the exhaust aswell to see if that releases alittle more bhp.

Remember though loads of cold air to the Pipercross Viper kit.

vngtx

its worth getting new HT leads and dizzy cap too to keep optimal performance. mine were corroded and as soon as i changed them i felt a huge surge in power.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Presume you are also getting it remapped at the same time as well?

My old 8v ran 136bhp / 154 lb/ft with just a panel filter, supersprint cat back and an AmD rechip, so you should be into the 140's.

vngtx

jcs356 any idea what a standard 8v engine with magnex cat back and decat and induction filter would produce? its done just about 90k.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
jcs356 any idea what a standard 8v engine with magnex cat back and decat and induction filter would produce? its done just about 90k.

Has it been remapped? My 8v was running (from memory) 125bhp before I did anything further to it, so the remap, exhaust and panel filter gave me 11bhp. I know that 8v's are often over the book figure.

nath lav

newbie in the placeeeeee
Jun 23, 2010
newcastle upon tyne
:s

Are you not having any headwork done?

what kind of work would i need done to the head ? some 1 mentioned somethink about getting it ported and polished or somehting is that what you mean. ???? :think: some of my friends think a should rebuild the engine b4 the cam etc go in. but its only goit 52000 on the clock. what do you think ?:clap:

nath lav

newbie in the placeeeeee
Jun 23, 2010
newcastle upon tyne
@)

I really like the sound of that set-up. :D. Should produce some good figures and be worth the money. Might be worth upgrading the exhaust aswell to see if that releases alittle more bhp.

Remember though loads of cold air to the Pipercross Viper kit.

al ready got custom cat-back mate !!!:D

nath lav

newbie in the placeeeeee
Jun 23, 2010
newcastle upon tyne
:)

Presume you are also getting it remapped at the same time as well?

My old 8v ran 136bhp / 154 lb/ft with just a panel filter, supersprint cat back and an AmD rechip, so you should be into the 140's.

ayee mate. when its on the rolling road getting it al done at once !!!:clap:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members