Key fob issues

Taz

Nov 19, 2010
Central locking issue
Hi,

bit of a weird one this:

was on my way to work, getting in to the car and noticed that the buttons on the fob didnt work. I immediately changed the battery and to no avail did it make a difference. I made sure that it wasnt the battery as i bought 2 and both did the same thing.

I then thought that the key would need re programmed. So i booked her in to the Seat dealers for the following day.

Went and left my car with them & a few hours later i got a call from them saying that they cant re program it and wouldnt charge me. The guy adv me to get another key at a price of £150 + vat....

Left the garage. The thing is, the car opens and closes with the turn of the key. When i open the driver side door the alarm doesnt go off, however if any other door is opened the alarm goes off.

I put the key in the ignition barrel and turn it - making the alarm go off.

Has anyone had this issue with their car? Is there a solution to this?

thanks

Pyro

Get a fob from eBay and if you have a spare key you can sync it yourself ;)

Taz

Nov 19, 2010
Only got the key :(

Will have a look on ebay. Fingers crossed this does the trick

if not then i think ill have to invest in an alarm system with central locking mechanism on the remote, sure thatl do the trick

craigfosker

Jun 14, 2010
nr ipswich
ive sorted mine i sat in the car with the ignition on holdin the unlock button on the key fob and my mate locked it and unlocked it manually with the non key fob and it worked

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members