White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Launch control would be awesome, however, it takes alllll the skill out of a good start lol :p my CC3 map was £550 iirc.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
With the manual box though launch control is just sticking your foot to the floor and it holds it at an rpm for you, you still have to work the clutch and throttle together for traction. Had it set at 4k rpm before and i was **** tbh, i cooked the clutch a few times, then had the map altered and had lc taken off so i didnt get tempted lol new clutch should be able to take the 3.5k launches. Tbh its only there to say its there sorta thing, ill never use it.

My initial map was 200 quid and think around half that for the hybrid tweaks, i hope!

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Not as unskillful as I thought then! I've done 3.5k launches at Santa Pod for 10 goes straight almost and my clutch has been fine (touch wood!). It did feel a little bit slippy the other day though after I went through a fairly deep puddle....hmmm... I feel a VR6+ lightened G60 fly coming on lol.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Got the new head unit through today off another member on here. Arrived packaged very well, everything was there, was almost like id bought it brand new!

Got fitting it after tea at the gf's, had some problems getting the standard one out with the bodge job stereo keys (one of the springs holding the unit in bent back on itself so had to use brute force to get it out) then got straight to fitting the new headunit, was pretty rushed doing it and may relocate the ipod wire to the glove box if and when i find my old ipod. Just using my phone to plug into it at the mo.

Some quick pics, had to use a torch as it was dark:

43b1822c.jpg

ddda834f.jpg

Ties in perfect with the oem dash lights and the white lights match in with my boost gauge, so all good! Really happy with the unit, dead simple and easy to use once you have had a play. Also its allot lighter than the standard unit which could be another bonus!

I am still on the hunt for a turbo, had found a few potential ones. Not all that sure on using CRT any more though. One bloke im considering getting a turbo off warned me away as two of his mates have had 4 failed units between them in a year. Also we have Paul Murphey's forged engined LCR in at work, and he said today it looks like his CRT ko4 may have gone. Been recommended another couple of turbo places so have sent enquiries out.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Good head unit Scott i hate all these after market ones that look so out of place but it looks good.

Just been on the phone to CR Turbos and they are in the process of looking over the turbo right now fingers crossed mate :D

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Yeh same, saw this one and it jumped out right away. Great bargain!

Love having the iPhone plugged in and all the music on tap. Used to have same album on repeat for months beforehand haha

Sounds good mate, I'm getting more and more tempted to sack it off now like, for now at least. Might just get some new wheels lol

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
If that turbo didn't have cracks in it I'd be in same position as you right now :p that's just put me right off and then quite a few people seem to be having problems with their hybrids at the mo. Just got 4 parada spec 2's for 140 quid lol road trip to pick them up tonight! Will cost me 25 quid fuel but saved 100 squid, then think I'll order some new wheels.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Yeh I had them on my fr, loved them! Love them even more for 140 quid lol

One lad I was gonna buy a ko3s off said his mate has had 3 new hybrids fitted in a year because the oil seals keep going and one of his other mates has had 1 replacement. Then we have Paul Murpheys lcr in at work at the mo as it had some teething problems after we forged his engine and that smokes due to suspected turbo failure and I believe it's already failed once. I do 3-400 miles a week so can't take the risk :( these horror stories have just put me off it seems.

Looks like I'll be ordering wheels before end of the week. In split offsets too so I can bin the 20mm spacers.

Yeh sure will be wazza, when forge send out the new one :)

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Poor show Scott i dont do much travelling so thats ok for me, i may just keep hold of my k03s then. Surely you get a warranty with CR? The work starts on mine tomorrow so should have it back for tuesday.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
car looks sweet mate i would of had a cupra 20v but i love my 50mpg to much.But to be fair if my insurance goes up later this year mine will be gone :(

i have that stereo aswel girlfriend got it me last xmas its great as dont have any cds rattling round down side mine lights up green.I had my wire in glovebox but moved it as my girlfriend kept changing the music to songs i dont like lol

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Poor show Scott i dont do much travelling so thats ok for me, i may just keep hold of my k03s then. Surely you get a warranty with CR? The work starts on mine tomorrow so should have it back for tuesday.

I wish I didn't have to do so many miles lol yeh you get warranty but just more the hassle of having to take the car off the road, taking turbo off then waiting and refitting when it's back again. Couple of people are ontheir third one :| having heard back off Paul if it's his turbo that's fooked yet. You'll have to get some pictures when it's back! Think I'm gonna stick with wheels and a holiday instead of hybrid for now!

car looks sweet mate i would of had a cupra 20v but i love my 50mpg to much.But to be fair if my insurance goes up later this year mine will be gone :(

i have that stereo aswel girlfriend got it me last xmas its great as dont have any cds rattling round down side mine lights up green.I had my wire in glovebox but moved it as my girlfriend kept changing the music to songs i dont like lol

Thanks Adam! I thought I'd miss the mpg from my White fr but it's not all that much worse really, I've calmed down allot now though and drive more efficiently lol it's averaged 35 mpg over the last 1100 miles, so about 10 less overall than the fr. Used to see high 50's out the fr sometimes mind! Good knowing you have 245hp with same torque as the fr, pretty much, on tap and the noise is great!

Your girlfriend sounds like a keeper! Mine refuses to buy me anything for the car! I love the headunit, never got on with aftermarket ones before but this is great. Completely agree about the cd's, gonna empty my glovebox this weekend :D and sounds like I'll be keeping it away from the glovebox lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise