1.8T Cupra, Jittery

CJS-90

20vT Powahhhh
Sep 30, 2010
Clitheroe
I've been finding that low down in the revs, around 1500-3000rpm that if my foots in the same place on the accelerator, the car will surge forward then just die...

IE on my boost gauge the boost shoots up to about 0.2bar and the car pulls (considering i'm only feathering the throttle) and then drops back down to -4 vaccum pressure or whatever it is.

Not really sure why it does it!?

CJS-90

20vT Powahhhh
Sep 30, 2010
Clitheroe
Coilpacks.
Hows the engine feel, Exceptionally juddery?

Hmm not really

I've also noticed from a cold start, when it's high idling, rather than the revs being stationary on about 1300 or whatever, the needle seems to bounce around, say up 50rpm/down 50rpm

wazza16

Mr.Waz
Aug 19, 2010
Arbroath
i also experience this, when coming out of junction in first just light on throttle get a boost up then it goes bk to normal, look forward to seeing a cure!!

CJS-90

20vT Powahhhh
Sep 30, 2010
Clitheroe
i also experience this, when coming out of junction in first just light on throttle get a boost up then it goes bk to normal, look forward to seeing a cure!!

Yeah I get that a lot too. It's not so much of a problem, just a little annoying that it's jerky and when you have passengers they sometimes think you're a jerky driver :lol:

twenny

engine geek !!!
Oct 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
Alright Lads ,

N249 bypass cured my leon cupra and a freinds cupra R , they used to do the same at around 1800 rpm , try that see if it cures it ,

hope this helps , all the best

twenny

CJS-90

20vT Powahhhh
Sep 30, 2010
Clitheroe
I'm not sure if mine's already done or not...seems to be lots of endless pipes though lol

163820_10150392968080118_895655117_16765573_1644350_n.jpg

twenny

engine geek !!!
Oct 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
Alright mate ,

looks like it has but badly , get them open pipes sealed , a bolt and zip tie at least mate .

cant think why theres a check valve there tho , mine ive literally teed into the FPR pipe ,then straight to DV , i did the same on cupra R too . then block off any open ends with a bolt and zip tie .

block your open tubes and go for a drive mate ,

hope this helps

twenny

CJS-90

20vT Powahhhh
Sep 30, 2010
Clitheroe
Alright mate ,

looks like it has but badly , get them open pipes sealed , a bolt and zip tie at least mate .

cant think why theres a check valve there tho , mine ive literally teed into the FPR pipe ,then straight to DV , i did the same on cupra R too . then block off any open ends with a bolt and zip tie .

hope this helps

twenny

There's another open one behind the vaccum box too. Will block them and see what's what :)

twenny

engine geek !!!
Oct 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
Yeah mate ,

You might find there not connected to anything which could be why there left open /unplugged ???

if thats the case at least you know there not causing the issue ,

twenny

CJS-90

20vT Powahhhh
Sep 30, 2010
Clitheroe
Alright mate ,

hope this helps

twenny

Just spend 40minutes searching for various different pictures, and they all have open ended pipes so I dont think it's that?

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Mines does this aswell and i have done the n249 bypass along with sai removal. Could it be my maf on its way out? Really annoying as my car keeps going into safe mode aswell for no reason then will come out it after driving a bit then go back into it :wtf: need to get VAG COM plugged in to see if theres any faults as my EML is always on due to decat

twenny

engine geek !!!
Oct 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
Alright mate ,

any left open pipes wont be connected to the engine ,

im more intrested in the reason behind the check valve being were it is ???? .

cant see it in daemorgans guide . Personly id take that valve out of the loop and see if its any better .

problem is with out been there seeing/driveing your car any attemp at diagnosing your issue is made ten times harder . so any advice you recive on a forum is always best guess based on the info youve provided mate

hope you get it sorted mate

twenny

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise