White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
You two seem to be having nothing but trouble going hybrid! :( I'm still on stock mani, and stock rods, and I think a CRT turbo,(albeit a JBS04) and it's running sweet as a nut!

Good deal on the tyres btw Scott, I need a couple for the front of mine soon.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
What's the bad news bud?

Meant bad news for you that it may have cracked :( the one I've got is pretty much new like :) told my gf she might be on posting duties next week lol

You two seem to be having nothing but trouble going hybrid! :( I'm still on stock mani, and stock rods, and I think a CRT turbo,(albeit a JBS04) and it's running sweet as a nut!

Good deal on the tyres btw Scott, I need a couple for the front of mine soon.

Is it CRT who make jbs's hybrids? Maybe its just high flow manis and running them at higher output (on their arse) that puts them over the edge? I don't wanna risk it at the mo and couldn't face the costs for 10-15hp if they were safely mapped.

Getting these wheels and holiday to Cuba for a week instead haha

What tyres you gonna go for
You reckon?

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Haha that was weird mate just posted the same time there. Holiday to cuba sounds nice Im not really a fan of holidays weird lol I'm itching to see these wheels now. How are the paradas for wear mate as thesr toyos can be quite bad, I'm thinkin bout gettin some for the summer

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Yeh I'm really not either. It's more the gf that is, I see it as 700 quid wasted cos I'll have nothing to show for it haha gf says otherwise! My mum and dad have been a few times and said it's awesome. I'm just gonna get mashed off cocktails and smoke cubans on the beach haha

They seemed pretty good on the old White one, it munched the px4's in about 6-7k paradas did more than thy before the standard wheels went! Got px4's now and they are good but done about 8k on them now still with 3-4mm tread but I have swapped them front to back

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Scott, the k03 mani (high flow or ported) flows better than the standard k04 mani, so with strong mappong you should see 280-290bhp..

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I'm probably gonna stick with what I've got now.. Falken FK452s, they seem to have lasted ok, and they grip pretty well, at least through the first half of their life. Not so good now they're wearing out though, understeer happens more :( Still, decent value for money.

I've done 12k miles with my hybrid setup, so they're not all bad news. I don't know for sure if CRT make JBS's turbo's, but I got my old turbo given back to me in a CRT taped box. I think the first one I had was a TD one and when that played silly buggers they went to a different manufacturer. My first hybrid lasted the drive home pretty much before it was spewing oil smoke everywhere.. this one has been on 12k :)

As much as I'd love a high flow/ported mani, I don't know if its worth the risk tbh. The gains would be nice, but I've heard nothing but bad news about aftermarket manis crackig etc. Mine is holding up just fine thanks! :D I may consider a JBS one in the future, probably 2nd hand if I can find one in good condition, I cant really justify the cost of a new one.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Seems a ported standard one is the best value for money. Bill reckons they flow aswell as any aftermarket one, yet obviously there's no fitment problems etc that's all I was gonna run, wouldn't consider an aftermarket one after all the hassle people have had!

Yeh I had falkens on my first set of bbs wheels, they were actually very good! I'd easily use them again, sure they were only 50 quid each aswell back then!

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I don't know how long a ported standard one would last though given that the walls would be thinner etc. Although lower EGT's would help with this. Hard to say tbh :( It's such a hassle to fit one as well, and would be damn awkward doing it on my drive so I may have to consider getting someone to fit it for me which would cost.

I'm in the same postion as you in terms of girlfriend... she wants to go to Barcelona later in the year and I could use that money to buy a manifold. But I'll prob just give in and go on holiday instead lol :lol:

I think the Falkens are a little more expensive now compared to when I bought them last time. I'd like goodyear eagle F1's if I could find a set of GSD 3's anywhere.. I've had them before and they were awesome, but they didn't last very long.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
If you look in bills thread on porting the manis, the Walls arnt thinner, it's mainly just the collector that gets ported. If my spare doesn't sell I'll just get it done at work then pay to get it fitted.

Yeh gf's are a pain sometimes like!

Yeh good years are mint, had them on my corsa. Were bloody expensive though! Think I'm gonna burn out the yokos during the summer and stick uniroyals on for September time. That's if the yokos can last the summer lol.

Standard wheels are sold already, didn't take long haha

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Haha wasn't that bad! Stupid taxi driver :( new owner of them has paid a deposit and seen the Mark in person so it's all good :D

Proper can't wait to order the newuns!

Steve itl only be a fiver or something I woulda though!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Okay mate :) you want stainless bolts and nuts with nordlock washers too for 15 extra? Just bought them off bill last week for 17.50? Up to you, if not I'll list them too in my thread. Just remembered I had them!