lambda sensor spacer

Dec 19, 2006
It's the 2nd o2 sensor you fit it to not the first one as that would cause problems because it's not Reading properly, it gets fitted to the rear sensor so it pulls it out the strong gases caused by removing the cat and gives a better reading

Dec 19, 2006
Guessing you had it fitted to the first one lol, whilst your fitting it to the 2nd lambda hole I'd disconnect the battery to get rid of the old fault and put some copper grease around the threads of the angle block and lambda, I've found they screw in a bit easier and are easier to remove if you need to.

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
have finally brought this sensor, from ireland. the o34 motorsport one had megga postage prices and the one on the ebay link above would not ship to the uk!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220717650323&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Let us know how you get on. My car is overfuelling ever since i had my larger diameter cat back, i get about 310-320 as apposed to 380 i used to get, I thought it was my stat but thats cool so I was thinking if this may help me or just throw on the light as im going to the other extreme

jamie1

Sep 28, 2010
south east
fitted my decat yesterday but without the spacer as it hasn't arrived yet and have gotta say its the best thing iv done to my car so far! dont have any management light or limp mode yet but am not holding my breath.

dbnite-wp

Hi guys...been researching the net and hope you could help. I have VW Golf Gti with custom downpipe (Decat). Sensor 2, that was orginally in the CAT is now plugged into the straight pipe. I have been getting bad fuel mileage and the car runs rich most of the time. It is most noticeable at idle...where i can see and smell fumes. In terms of power, it is amazing..however, the running rich and fumes are annoying.

I would like to know if any of you have experienced the same thing? Also will an Angle block or spacer help!!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
The rear 02 sensor wont adjust fueling, thats the job of the first 02 sensor. Wayne angle block will stop the eml coming on.

dbnite-wp

Hi Sambryant...thanks for info. I read on the net that if the CAT is bad or removed, the O2 sensor 2 will pick up more oxygen content...hence thinking the system in lean...as a result it will enrich the fuel mixture. Please forgive me if I am wrong..these things are damn complex.

I never got the EML/MIL coming on...but a few codes on VAG..like:
Lambdor Sensor, B1S2 - signal to low
Fuel Trim, system too lean...etc

I was hoping that a angle block or spacer will help.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
The rear 02 is just emissions, to tell the ecu that cat is working. Sounds to me like you may have a boost leak.

dbnite-wp

Okay thanks...I will check all hoses and see if i can pick up something.
BTW..i did find one leak on the vacuum line to brake master cylinder...got this sorted last week and cleared codes. So far still running rich...will see if it changes.

Also, would you recommend putting in the spacer or Angle block anyway?

dbnite-wp

Ok, I went to the exhaust shop today that did my de-cat downpipe originally. Put the car on the ramp and we checked out the position and attachment of the O2 sensor. Believe or not the O2 sensor was already fittted with a custom spacer. Except we noticed one thing....the O2 senor was at 45deg angle to the downpipe facing the direct flow of the exhaust gas.

So i asked the to swop it aorund so it faces the rear of the car and it out of the direct flow of exhaust gas. They did it and it did not cost much...now i have clear and reset codes, and take it for a good drive to see if this helps. Will keep you guys posted.

dbnite-wp

Ah..Ah...that's it! :D...thanks, lets see how it goes! will post update

dbnite-wp

Update! Scanned the car and cleared codes...took it for a nice long drive. The car drove very smooth with good mpg. Even this morning in bumper to bumper traffic..it drove pretty smooth with decent mpg.

So far, no signs of running rich....even at idle. I hope that it stays like this and I will remain happy. Will keep you posted...and thanks for the help! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.