do i tell the stealer?

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
I put mine back to standard which cured the clutch slip too. Said nothing then a week later the TT I bought from them started slipping!

I have seen some car garages advertising the remap on a 2nd hand motor though.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I wouldn't. If you say it's mapped then they'll probably think you've thrashed it around everywhere!

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
It's a difficult one that, I'd probably take it back to Will to get it put back to stock, but then I'm a fair bit closer than you! Then again the new owner might just think f@@k me I've got a good un here!! The map doesn't really have a negative impact on mpg so would anybody know?

Last edited:

paulfs

Nov 10, 2009
New Forest, HANTS
Aha - a dilema...
Private sale - I think I'd say something - I'd like to know if buying...
Stealer - again if buying I'd like to know, but the Stealer gonna bs it anyway...

Think I'd wait 'til asked then go with first thought.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
not sure how you would stand legally ?
if you sold it and they stacked it and the insurance company refused to pay out because they somehow found out it was mapped , could they come back to you?
very remote but worth considering.
i think its a grey area tbh
if mine was mapped i would put it back to standard.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The car could have been mapped when bought unbeknown to the new owner.

My old car was sold in 100% standard trim and the buyer was made aware that it had been tuned - I was lucky, but some garages wont touch a remapped car, or will offer you less for it.

Get the car flashed back to standard if you are selling it and maybe your tuner will offer you a discount on tuning your next car.

jh1

Jan 28, 2011
Oop north Teeside
The dealer probably won't give you more £££££££

and it'll probably cost you to return back to as was

So - it's up to you -
IMHO if you aint gonna loose out then theres no harm in logging it somewhere amongst the cars history / documentation to be found after the sale.........

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I must say I find it quite amusing when I read the comments which clearly condone having one over a dealer (not just on this thread) but then scream like a stuck pig if they think a dealer has got one over on them, the term "double standards" springs to mind!:whistle:

Not like its one sided though. Some garages charging about £100 to perform a 10 minute diagnostic check for example.