Air induction kits

scotty2405

Jan 13, 2011
Luton/Bedforshire
Hey Guys and Girls

I want to put a air induction kit on my little 1.4 16v Now the Airfilter is actually attactced to the engine i know has anyone got a picture of how they have done theres do i used the original filter box and just connect the new filter to the pipe ???? or do i get rid of the old one and connect it some way else ????

Help :D

i probs wont be able to look at this post till 11 tonight god darn work lool sooo ill have a look later if theres any pics ???

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
I had a 1.4 ibiza im not sure if its the same engine , but the whole filter is in the engine cover with that , so you remove that and just fit a mushroom or a cone on the end and also one on the oil breath pipe with a little filter. Try halfaurds for it , im sure it was around £45 for a green cotton filter and oil breather!
hope this helps!

scotty2405

Jan 13, 2011
Luton/Bedforshire
have you got any pictures soo i can try and imagen what im doing thanks for the help guys it does help im just confused weather i shud just get rid of the box nd attempt to mount something different or do somtthings ??

gazrhys

Oct 24, 2008
Manchester
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185052&highlight=1.6+16V

ok sorry for last post look at post 2 in the link same setup as mine sorry daz stole ya pics
you TB faces upwards so you need a 90 degree bend then out to side you can modify the oem box by removing the part that sits on the TB you have to use a hack saw to cut it from the rest then screw other half back to top section of bow then it will fit over the induction pipe as long as you get a tight enough bend that is

scotty2405

Jan 13, 2011
Luton/Bedforshire
Does Anyone Want To help me fit an air induction Kit :( i got great advice from the guys in this thread but i just cant think how i should do it i want to make the air flow go to the right but i cant figure it out how do i mount the pipe ??? and can i just get rid of all the plastic covering :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.