Car back to standard, bah!

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
The Cupra's being traded in on Saturday and the Dealer said it was worth no more with all the kit on so off it came! Down to just the Milltek tbe now, dealer agreed to swap the exhausts over for me so saves me all the grief! Arghh it;s horrible now, no ITG chirps and hisses, standard shifter seems soooo long and vague, surprisingly still a massive amount of shove even with the trick stuff removed, just the occasional stutter now due to the std fuel pump I guess, this may go once the exhaust is swapped, otherwise i should tell the dealer to get the Revo put back to stage 1. Doubt he'll bother though, he's just going to punt it out in the trade..... So if anyone in the southwest gets offered a 2007 Cupra, probably with reg no: RK07 ZNL (cars often get the original reg put back on after a cherished no transfer), there's a free Revo stage 2+ on there! Either get a fuel pump or set it to stage1 at TSR in Bridgwater.
Sad to see her go, been fun modding and a great end result, just feel it'd be nice to be able to put the power down in something lower than 3rd or 4th gear! Hence the move to an Evo X........ See ya xxx :cry:

Kev Hall2

Oct 7, 2009
Bristol
Was fun reading back through the old threads seeing you develop your car. Plan to go stage 2+ in a year when my warranty expires.

Good luck with the Evo, let us know how it goes.

Tombstoneuk

Mar 5, 2010
Loughborough
Evo X eh? Very nice! I see a white one most mornings on the way to work and I always think it looks really good.
And at least you haven't got long to wait before you get it. I can't imagine having to put up with a standard cupra again. I'm just looking forward to those chirps and hisses lol.
Cheers for the ITG btw!

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
I would say anything with big power would be much better in 4WD, I had a ride in a Subaru WRX RB320 and that was rapid, especially when putting the power down & handling, good luck with the Evo ;)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Good look with the evo x Ken im sure you'll have fun with it. Which one are/have you gone for and any mods planned for it already :lol:

Cheers for the APR pump again :D

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
330 with paddle shift! Yeh, stage 1 on the cards already, 380hp.... cant go more or its mega bucks for the g/box to be uprated:(

Is it the same with the fq360's aswell?

Still 380hp and 4wd and the very capable chassis will keep you occupied for a while.

330 with paddle shift! Yeh, stage 1 on the cards already, 380hp.... cant go more or its mega bucks for the g/box to be uprated:(

Torque rather than bhp is the issue with the SST box....consensus seems to be to limit torque to 350(ish) unless you're going to modify the box.

No such problems with the manual box.....mine's 385/425 with Miltek exhaust, AMS induction and EcuTek :thumbup:

I don't whether you've test driven a X yet but they are a deceptive car. I borroowed 330 manual from my local dealer for the afternoon and found it a disappointment after my VIII MR. Chassis and brakes are on a higher level but it didn't feel that quick as the power delivery is much more linear....little or no turbo hit like the earlier cars. They are a more civilised car and it takes a while to appreciate how good they are....they come alive with more power but you have this planned already. The X RS I subsequently bought (already modified) was a revelation when I first drove it.

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Stupid question no doubt, but have you sold the mods?

EDIT - I knew it was a silly question lol PM sent

Last edited:

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Had a 20 min drive to start with and was underwhelmed! Went back and had a 45 min drive to explore the car and box, what a difference, as you say, no turbo hit like the Cupra, much more linear but the grip/handling is superb. The way the box works once you're used to it is nothing short of phenominal, instant shifts and various modes, the supersport one being seriously for track only! Yeh, I know about the torque, have to get it mapped carefully for bhp rather than torque, but that should give a power curve with a bit of "Zing" to it!
FQ360 don't have the box problem cos they're manual only for that very reason........

Yep....the SST seems very good....lots of positive feedback from owners. If you liked the car standard you'll love it with the remap.

I would recommend Indigo-GT (trader on the MLR)....not too far from you and owns a X RS. Not used him (too far from me) but he has a good reputation and has mapped a few SST's. He is currently building a 500bhp forged SST.....with gearbox upgrades :D

scratch

Looks like I've picked up your old Cupra!

First performance car, loving it so far. Had a blast down the coast and mountains in Wales at the weekend. Did the mapping get put back to standard in the end?

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
The Cupra's being traded in on Saturday and the Dealer said it was worth no more with all the kit on so off it came! Down to just the Milltek tbe now, dealer agreed to swap the exhausts over for me so saves me all the grief! Arghh it;s horrible now, no ITG chirps and hisses, standard shifter seems soooo long and vague, surprisingly still a massive amount of shove even with the trick stuff removed, just the occasional stutter now due to the std fuel pump I guess, this may go once the exhaust is swapped, otherwise i should tell the dealer to get the Revo put back to stage 1. Doubt he'll bother though, he's just going to punt it out in the trade..... So if anyone in the southwest gets offered a 2007 Cupra, probably with reg no: RK07 ZNL (cars often get the original reg put back on after a cherished no transfer), there's a free Revo stage 2+ on there! Either get a fuel pump or set it to stage1 at TSR in Bridgwater.
Sad to see her go, been fun modding and a great end result, just feel it'd be nice to be able to put the power down in something lower than 3rd or 4th gear! Hence the move to an Evo X........ See ya xxx :cry:

Welcome to the EVO scene :)

4-wheel drive for the win, had mine about 4 weeks now albeit a IX.

I'll keep an eye out for you on the EVO forums.

I've already started the modding on mine but alot of work to do to get my IX the way I want it. Is a bit of a lemon at the moment (ie taking off what the previous owner had on it and replacing with my own choice of stuff).

I still miss dropping the cupra from 4th to 3rd and booting it, my EVO at the moment doesnt come close to that in performance. However, in the plus side it does actually grip the tarmac in 1st and 2nd!!!

PM me if you want to know a few popular EVO forums, assuming you not already signed up

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.