What MPG are you getting from your tdi

p888uld

Jun 18, 2010
NW
yeah there on now, lost my phone otherwise i would of sent you a pic! when i get my phone back il send you a pic.

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
the cold weather makes a huge difference, i assume because the air is colder, therefore more dense thus the engine needs more fuel for the same volume of air to prevent the engine from running lean... the plus side is more performance i guess, but that's not what this thread is about.

To all those people who's MPG has fallen considerably, i advise checking your boost pipes for leaks. Mine dropped by over 10% a few weeks ago and no matter how i drove i couldn't increase it. Checked all my pipes and found the turbo outlet pipe had moved and the drive shaft had rubbed a hole in it. Patched it up and the MPG was back to somewhere near where it was before!!

bombheads12

Apr 21, 2009
helston uk
Running a TDI 110bhp SE used to get about 50 plus mpg but this cold weather, and turbo replacement certainly put paid to that down to 45 mpg any ideas anyone ? does the cold weather affect these cars badly ? though i do know my usual 58 mpg 106 has dropped to 51mpg so maybe it does?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
well i average 30's :(

if caning its well below 10mpg

can not seem to drive with out being on boost

cant wait for the weather to warm up and get some long trips

wen i brim the car (even venting - so the diesel is almost out the filler neck ) my miles till empty only suggests about 420 - 450

wen i brim the car (even venting - so the diesel is almost out the filler neck ) my miles till empty only suggests about 420 - 450[/QUOTE

if ure caining it u get below 10mpg !!! from a diesel thats F****G MAD ?:blink::blink:

why is that becasue of all the mods ?? u might aswell get a cupra R lol

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales

wen i brim the car (even venting - so the diesel is almost out the filler neck ) my miles till empty only suggests about 420 - 450

Distance covered:- 420 miles

Litres of fuel used :- 55 litres

Your fuel consumption
(34.71 MPG)
Averaging 17.02 pence per mile

Last edited:

p888uld

Jun 18, 2010
NW

haha not good that mate, wot bhp it got tho?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
was just shy of 200 bhp 300 ft

im wondering could the Pd pump thats leaking have anything to do with it

i drove to work today and took it very carefull about 50 - 60 mph about 20 0dd miles ,

said i averaged 38mpg :(

i have same set up as markwales only mines Red & faster hahahhaha

decat full exhaust system , carbonio airfilter
i should empty my boot of all its crap to see if its any difference

also cleaned maf out too

Deff need to investigate where you fit chips to the cars , soo if its been badly mapped or chipped by the previous owners

p888uld

Jun 18, 2010
NW
averaged 38mpg is better than mine im getting! h. i have to work it out because i dont a onbaord computer thingy, and mine is 35! it that too low on a mapped 110??!

Mar 13, 2010
I average around 40mpg if i drive at speed limits around town and A/B road's, does alot better on the motorway.

leon_81

Sep 11, 2008
I have a bog standard Leon Cupra TDI (2004 reg) and at the moment I'm struggling to get 40mpg - which has me a little worried

I've recently changed the glow plug harness, and a friend of mine cleared the fault code (was the only one) and checked a few things like injector readings and MAF and all looked ok

Any ideas what could be causing the poor mpg? The journeys I've been going haven't changed and I don't think its the weather as I was getting better economy towards the end of last year...

Check the tyre pressure

Also

Give it a full service check for things
clogged up air filter
air mass senser might need changing
Fuel filter might need replacing

And like iv said before dont always listen to the trip computer on the dash its useless because it jus makes the figure on how u push the pedal

Ill approximetaly get 70 miles from ten pounds

leon_81

Sep 11, 2008
It is due a service actually, so I guess i'll sort that and see how I get on

I normally see somewhere between 450 and 500 miles to a full tank - is that about normal?

Chris wheela

I'm quite surprised about the mpg thought it would be better, but I suppose with the performance it's not too bad... My Civic type r did 38.5mpg on a motorway run, now if only I could do that on B/A roads lol

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
46mpg over a 10mile run to work each day.

Been done for speeding again so that'll see my mpg increase as it doesnt go over 70 now

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.