P ZERO's....Had enough!

Big_Mikey_G

Jul 30, 2009
Birmingham
Anyone had pilotsports on?

I have Michellin Pilot Sport 3's on all round and i cant sing their praises highly enough.
After trying P-Zeros and Potenzas the Pilot Sports are like theyre sent from God.

Fantastic grip in all weather and fairly hard wearing. The fronts have done 10K and counting and theres still a good few mm tread before theyre going to need changing.

rödcupra

Sep 25, 2010
As for the reason why i use them in the winter.......4 new tyres is quite a lot of money for 4 months of use, not stupid my friend, just not made of money

believe me, it is stupid! Save up for winter tires, it keeps your summer tires in better condition also :funk:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Tried a few makes of tyre on this car now like the vred sessantas, kuhmo v70a (track tyre), Goodyear f1's but the ps2's i have on now are the best ive tried. Handle the power really well even at this time of year but obviously struggle when it drops below 5c and its raining like any summer tyre would.

I will be replacing them with the same again or the pilot super sport if they come out in our size.

LOU ROB

Jul 22, 2007
Anglesey
I just put 4 of these on - http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b0s134p60798

Great in the dry and outstanding in the wet!! I even read they weren't too bad in snow for a summer tyre. I took the original Pirelli's off and put 4 Falken FK452's on. They were good tyres too, but the Uniroyals are fantastic!.

The Uniroyal rainsport 2 is a fantastic all weather tyre. Had them on my vrs and I was well impressed with performance and price.
The Falken FK452 is also a fantastic tyre wth awsome dry, good wear and good price, used them on a few of my previous cars.
Can't go wrong with either tyre.

DanH

Jun 24, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
I use the vredstein and have gone brilliantly, after 12,000 miles they are still sticking like glue, both in the dry and in the wet, good prices too if you shop around!

A few ST and VXR drivers have commented how well mine keeps its grip when cornering

ChrisR26

I had hankook v12's on the megane and they are a great tyre for the money but they dont last long. The megane had p-zeros on when i got it and i thought they were completely useless. I've just put two Continental Contisport Contact 3's on the front of the leon and they are great, wish i'd put them on as soon as i got the car. they've changed the car completely, loads more grip under power and better grip in the wet.

chris.pin

Unieoyal Rainsport 2 is a fantastic tyre - I had them on the front of my Focus Tdci, amazing in the snow, I did not get stuck once. However I am not convinced they would be a good choice as a summer tyre on my Leon Fr. I will most certainly consider them as a winter tyre.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.