Cupra's with DRL's as standard?

apmaman

Feb 5, 2011
We all know that cars being made from Feburary 2011 onwards will need to have DRL's as standard to conform to EU rules.

I was wondering if the Ibiza Cupra will come with them if I were to place an order for one. If so, where are they located? I cant find a picture of one.

If anyone could help me out that could be great as the looks of cars is something I'm a bit OCD about :happy:

This looks like a great forum and if I'll be snooping around getting info before I make the plunge on buying a new car in roughly 6 months time.

Thanks!

NicksGotAFR

May 31, 2007
South London
if you have xenons then yes they are standard, albeit looking like a large sidelight situated where the indicator normally is on non-xenon spec models.. you have to chuck in a couple of LED bulbs and only then will it look mint! With xenons, the indicator is closer to the middle of the car. i would agree with markmeus, it would probably be the same as the polo.

apmaman

Feb 5, 2011
Thats good then, cause I like the way the Cupra looks and that means no possible nasty design changes.

If it ended up like the furbie I'd be pretty angry tbh. Loosing fogs for DRL's is a poor choice and one of the reasons why im swaying against buying the furbie.
Plus the Cupra comes with a few more toys and is cheaper on insurance.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members