stealers taking the mick

ro8

Mar 23, 2010
Suffolk
I bought my leon from a main dealer 13 months ago and i could see that the rear n/s door had been sprayed. But it was only noticable if you really looked hard. A year on and at the bottom of the door the paint has worn off and i can now start to c the primer underneath. I phoned the dealer to say and they claim that because they have no record of it being done they wont do anything about it. Is it wrong that i think a car thats only four years old should be covered? I mean thats the whole reason i paid over the odds for one from a main dealer, for the peace of mind. Any suggestions?

ro8

Mar 23, 2010
Suffolk
Paint warranty is 12 years iirc.

Thats what i thought, But they claim that because they didnt do the job they aren't responsible. Another thing is that the owner before me was the salesman from the dealership so y would he take it anywhere other than the dealer!!!!!

ro8

Mar 23, 2010
Suffolk
Paint warranty is 3 Years, Corrosion warranty is 12 Years.

They just say its nothing to do with them as they didn't do the repair. However there is sort of a silver lining. I have been meaning to get the skirts and spoiler from the btcc kit fitted so i suppose the door can be done at the same time.

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
Stealers will only stand by original paint for 3 Years if it has been repaired the responsibility then lies with the repairer to guarantee their work for a set time.

ro8

Mar 23, 2010
Suffolk
Stealers will only stand by original paint for 3 Years if it has been repaired the responsibility then lies with the repairer to guarantee their work for a set time.

Yeah i accept that but the fact that nothing was said by the dealer when i bought it. I wouldn't mind but the owner was the salesman of the dealership and he didnt say anything.

ro8

Mar 23, 2010
Suffolk
That was really good of him.

They do say never trust a car salesman.

true just thought i would let it all out of my system. To make it wworse the kind man on the phone said if i took the car to them they would give me a qoute. How nice of them!

Poverty

Ahhh seat dealers. They are ****, and I will never ever buy another seat because of it

Ahhh seat dealers. They are ****, and I will never ever buy another seat because of it

Thanks for that extremely constructive and complimentary post.

I've found in almost 30 years of sales experiance (which includes 13 years with SEAT) that not all customers are the most pleasant people you'll ever meet and that some of them even tell the odd porkie or two to their dealer, however, I would never make a sweeping statement that insulted them all en-masse!

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" probably sums it up nicely.

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
Thanks for that extremely constructive and complimentary post.

I've found in almost 30 years of sales experiance (which includes 13 years with SEAT) that not all customers are the most pleasant people you'll ever meet and that some of them even tell the odd porkie or two to their dealer, however, I would never make a sweeping statement that insulted them all en-masse!

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" probably sums it up nicely.

Sorry Gary, I am with Pov on this one. Small story...My car was bought with 4.5k miles on clock... test drove it and brakes were vibrating and didnt feel great... i said before i buy the car and when the service is being done check them and change whatever needs changing and i will buy no problem...Said ok...

anyway they told me it was fine just had been sitting there and it would go... left it to 8k miles... 3 months down the line from buying it... took it in said was still the same, had paper work to show it should of been checked. Took car in, found to be discs distorted... i said ok so are you changing them...

"no, 5k miles warranty on discs as its wear and tear".... wouldnt change his mind... utter :censored: .... letchworth havnt been any better ^ that story was st albans ******* btw...

Every single seat dealer ive been in have been useles... new one in hatfield just told me (a technician) we cant find cambelt part for your car, i think you have a chain instead...likely i will get any work done there?

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Sorry Gary, I am with Pov on this one. Small story...My car was bought with 4.5k miles on clock... test drove it and brakes were vibrating and didnt feel great... i said before i buy the car and when the service is being done check them and change whatever needs changing and i will buy no problem...Said ok...

anyway they told me it was fine just had been sitting there and it would go... left it to 8k miles... 3 months down the line from buying it... took it in said was still the same, had paper work to show it should of been checked. Took car in, found to be discs distorted... i said ok so are you changing them...

"no, 5k miles warranty on discs as its wear and tear".... wouldnt change his mind... utter :censored: .... letchworth havnt been any better ^ that story was st albans ******* btw...

Every single seat dealer ive been in have been useles... new one in hatfield just told me (a technician) we cant find cambelt part for your car, i think you have a chain instead...likely i will get any work done there?

Why would you drive 8k miles with brakes that are vibrating?

Surely after a few hundred miles you would have realised that it wasn't going to go away :think:

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
Why would you drive 8k miles with brakes that are vibrating?

Surely after a few hundred miles you would have realised that it wasn't going to go away :think:

If you read properly i bought the car with 4.5k on and took back at around 8k.... totalling 3.5k ish .... no time to take it back any earlier...still, not the point.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
why take it at all if it was reported and not repaired before you picked it up ?

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
I was told it was because the car had been sitting for a long time.

The vibration wasnt so bad that it ruined the whole drive otherwise i obviously wouldnt of taken it, but it was there and under harder pressure of the brake peddle was more obvious.

I am not a mechanic and have never had a car with distorted discs therefore had no reason to not believe the salesman who at the time was very good.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.