1.9 tdi ibiza fr what intercooler do i buy???

greggz

what intercooler will i buy from forge, im going to order but dont know which one will fit my desil fr:confused:

T. Spark

The Seat Sport one is cheaper, but tbh not by much. Some people say its a better intercooler as bigger, how size isnt everything ;)

If I was to purchase one at list price, then the SS would be the one if go for.

If however I was looking at a custom, intercooler suited perfectly for BT diesel Ibiza's then id speak to Forge and have my car booked in for end of Jan. :whistle:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
In my very (unscientific) testing with the first cars to have both the Forge FMIC (mine) and the first car to have the SeatSport FMIC (cpufreak's) fitted I couldn't really tell any difference between the two performance wise. That's with both cars having Revo maps, btw.

In normal day to day use I'd bet that other people wouldn't be able to tell the difference either. :shrug:

greggz

cheers everyone, where do you buy the sport intercooler from then?

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I'd be interested to see what results could be got with a straight through intercooler on a mk4, similar to the ones used on the Leon Cupras.

cheers everyone, where do you buy the sport intercooler from then?

From the dealers, or sometimes they come up on ebay.

br0wny21

has anyone ever tried putting lcr twin intercoolers on mk 4 ibiza tdi am just a tight c**t and just wanna make car a little more faster

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
has anyone ever tried putting lcr twin intercoolers on mk 4 ibiza tdi am just a tight c**t and just wanna make car a little more faster

To be honest mate, the SEAT Sport FMIC is so good and bolts on using genuine parts, you may aswell just go for that! And it looks 100 times better and will be more efficient than a twin SMIC setup.

Jan 13, 2010
UK
i have the forge cooler on my pd160 cupra

its on there for a reason i dont know? as its more or less the same as the seat sport (standard on my cupra)

anyway it did the job fine, im running a stage 2 gt20 hybrid and it made 243bhp at p-torque and the intake temps where same as a seat sport or there abouts

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.