Returning to the fold....

Rory1984

Nov 8, 2007
So......

I used to own a 98 S plate 2.0 Gti Cupra Sport 16v around 14 months ago (see my pic), posted a few times on here and loved every minute of driving. Traded her in for a new shape Fiesta Zetec S which has been very nice i must say, but not the character of the Ibiza, i am going to look at another 98 S plate valver tonight and am looking to return the Fez to free up some cash.

It is a Lazuli Blue 16V not got oiginal alloys sadly and is a bit tatty with c.130k but price is good so hopefully i shall be her new owner come this eve!! :D

Anyways just wanted to say hi to all and maybe an 'I am back'!

Rory1984

Nov 8, 2007
Well the car was in better nick than i was expecting, engine bay was a bit dirty but i think mainly due to open cone pipercross filter being fitted (will be replacing with std airbox soon as!)

Service history shows some nice additions, pedal box recently replaced, front wishbones too and it drove very well, started fine though the remote unlock seems tempermental but minor issue. Nice kenwood cd player as a bonus, and 4 new tyres!

MOT is due next month so that might be the only downside, hoping advisories or maybe nothing! (touch wood) and tax and of April but thats pretty standard stuff.

Didn't get any pics as it was dark by the time i finished so shall get some up as soon as i can.

Rory1984

Nov 8, 2007
Why thank you :D should be back for some time, felt like being back in a real car! Just needs some love, and maybe some pink alloys .... :whistle:

Rory1984

Nov 8, 2007
Haha, we'll see ... so many plans, so few funds! Haven't even got the car yet! You got a readers rides thread?

Rory1984

Nov 8, 2007
And this is why I returned, best forum ever! :D

Hoping I can pick it up tmrw but will have to wait and see, thanks for the welcomes guys!

Rory1984

Nov 8, 2007
Small update, i have to wait until Tuesday to pick the car up sadly :cry: but i have 2 days off next week to pamper her so it's not all bad!!

Rory1984

Nov 8, 2007
The beefa is all mine! Picked her up last night, bit dirty but seems to drive, earshot seems a bit loose but no problem selecting and no noises so maybe that is just me, mono known the way to reduce lever throw tho!

Also needs some new mats if anyone has any recommendations?

Will start a ride thread on Fri once i get some time! :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.