Definitive guide on peoples tyres recommendations

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
I have bounced around looking for decent advice on tyres online and by phoning around strangely I must say opinions are mixed to say the least I need to change all four tyres sharpish at the moment i have a mix of kumhos on the rears and hancooks on the front, they are goi g on a ibiza 1.4tdi so don't need anything too special but very confused by what's on offer !!

Mar 25, 2009
bath
tyres will always be a very subjective matter unfortunately. everyone has their own opinions of what they like and what they dont, there isnt just 1 tyres that rules all. i personally like the rainsport 2's as my car was terrible in the wet due to the weight up front.

and tbh i dont think that there is enough difference between most of the tyres within a certain price range

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
+1 Zach.

Its personal preference, one mans headge finder is another mans racing tyre.

The one thing i would always say to anyone considering tyres, price over perfromace is just silly. Those 4 bits of rubebr are the only thing keep your car attached tot he road, you want the ebst you can get for what you can afford.

I tend to stick to a tyre religously, my last 2 sets have been Yoki Prada Sports but i've lost confidence with them in the wet after an incident in the rain the other week (left me with brown trousers).

I fancy a set of bridgestones (if the budget will stretch) also considering a proper radial tyre ratehr than these fancy looking tread patterns (toy p(r)oxies).

Go to camskill or blackcircles set you price look at whats available google them :).

H

Mar 13, 2010
Id reccomend Falken 912's or 452's, great tyrea and not the most expensive.

Aar0n

Mar 1, 2011
Reading
+1 Zach.

Its personal preference, one mans headge finder is another mans racing tyre.

The one thing i would always say to anyone considering tyres, price over perfromace is just silly. Those 4 bits of rubebr are the only thing keep your car attached tot he road, you want the ebst you can get for what you can afford.

I tend to stick to a tyre religously, my last 2 sets have been Yoki Prada Sports but i've lost confidence with them in the wet after an incident in the rain the other week (left me with brown trousers).

I fancy a set of bridgestones (if the budget will stretch) also considering a proper radial tyre ratehr than these fancy looking tread patterns (toy p(r)oxies).

Go to camskill or blackcircles set you price look at whats available google them :).

H

Ahahahahaha that made me laugh hope you didn't get a brown seat to! I had a pair of yoki on my car to never again because English weather is pretty rubbish, best to get some that actually stick to the road in rain.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
My personal choice would be Dunlop Sportmaxx or Goodyear Eagle F1s. Both aren't the longest lasting, but offer very good grip with an acceptable lifetime. If you're after long lasting tyres, I find Bridgestone Turanza/Potenza and Michelins to be the best. However they don't seem to be quite as grippy.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
I've got Yokohama Parada Spec 2's on at the minute... they're not too bad. Think I'm going to try the Rainsport 2's next.. I had a set on my previous car (1.2 Corsa) and they were good, I never got to test the performance side of them back then though :happy:

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
Well dropped the missus off at work yesterday went over something in the road and the result was a tear along my tyre wall so had to go do something quick but managed at a local tyre place to get these

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Hankook/Ventus-V12-evo-k110.htm

Got 4 for an absolute steal ok so not what I was going for but should at least last me summer while I decide what to with car

First indications are pretty good car went to pick up missus from work through some nice b road action felt very planted we will see

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
What size did you get those Hankooks in? Ive been after some of them for a few months but no one seems to have them in 215/45R16

Try Setyres in hove they are a hancook main dealer he had something like 600 in stock and the fitted price for mine 205 40 17 were £62.46 a tyre

Deleted member 55317

going to sound dead geeky here but i did my final year uni project on car tyres and one of the things i looked at was dry and wet grip levels and i found that the difference between budget and medium brands was huge (cant remember the exact figures) and that the difference between medium and performance brands was minimal you'd only really notice it on the edge (say on a track or on a challanging mountain road)

Mar 13, 2010
^^ thats what ive been told, i was reccomended Falken or Hancook's and told they will give 98% of the grip of a Conti but at half the price.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
For value for money and good performance, I can't recommend my Toyo T1Rs enough, cost less than £200 a set delivered and handle the road superbly in the wet

Mar 13, 2010
For value for money and good performance, I can't recommend my Toyo T1Rs enough, cost less than £200 a set delivered and handle the road superbly in the wet

I found toyo's very soft and my car eats through the fronts in not time, the did handle pretty well tho.

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove

Did look alot at getting them but there was such a wide band of good and bad reviews couldnt decide to plum for them or not, if they are soft then I would get through them in no time :lol:

Just need to getting the tracking done on mine now, which setyres will do for £25! ;)

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I found toyo's very soft and my car eats through the fronts in not time, the did handle pretty well tho.

Yeah they are a tad soft i must admit but I can't fault mine at all, I every brand of tyre ive had in the past has caused skidding in heavy rain, with these I haven't had this at all, i've had to emergency stop in the damp at 70mph and no skidding either. Very happy :) mine have hardly worn in a year

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Well dropped the missus off at work yesterday went over something in the road and the result was a tear along my tyre wall so had to go do something quick but managed at a local tyre place to get these

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Hankook/Ventus-V12-evo-k110.htm

Got 4 for an absolute steal ok so not what I was going for but should at least last me summer while I decide what to with car

First indications are pretty good car went to pick up missus from work through some nice b road action felt very planted we will see

Those look quite nice actually, might look into a set of those for myself.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.