• Stage 2/2+ 30k+ had issues

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Stage 2 FR TDI @ 84k

Stage 2 because of DPF blockage at 70k.
Injector at about 80k.
Possible pressure sensor now, JBS tomorrow.

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
Had my Cupra for 2 years / 80,000 kms with no issues at all even though driven hard most of the time, tracked occasionally, and not to mention the summer heat in dubai is a killer!

Stewprovo

Inferi Black '07 Cupra
Aug 26, 2010
Catterick, N. Yorks
Standard 07 Cupra, 30k, Been back and forth to Seat 6 times since I bought it in Aug last year. Constant warning of 'Weak mix at idle' but when hooked up to computer, no fault shows. it's going back into stealer on Wednesday to have a new mass air sensor or something replaced, only because dealer has no idea what the fault is, so their plan is, and I quote "chuck new bits at it until the light stops coming on". Oh joy!. Want to get it sorted, as I'm holding back on a Stage 1 P-Torque map until its all fixed. Thank god for the extended warranty.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
I don't have a Seat any more but my 10 plate S3 had an engine replacement after only 2900 miles (totally stock). Apparently the exhaust camshaft adjuster bolt sheared. I've been asking Audi to give me photo's and a copy of the technical report, but it seems they are unable or unwilling to do so.

Also, this experience has highlighted that Audi customer service is hell of a lot worse than Seat, which was pretty bad!

I wish I'd kept my 55 plate stage 2 LCR - best car I ever owned!

Poverty

Standard 07 Cupra, 30k, Been back and forth to Seat 6 times since I bought it in Aug last year. Constant warning of 'Weak mix at idle' but when hooked up to computer, no fault shows. it's going back into stealer on Wednesday to have a new mass air sensor or something replaced, only because dealer has no idea what the fault is, so their plan is, and I quote "chuck new bits at it until the light stops coming on". Oh joy!. Want to get it sorted, as I'm holding back on a Stage 1 P-Torque map until its all fixed. Thank god for the extended warranty.

Atleast chucking bits at it is better than my old dealer who said, no idea, we will wait till it completely breaks down [:@]

Swiftly sold that car!

Stewprovo

Inferi Black '07 Cupra
Aug 26, 2010
Catterick, N. Yorks
Atleast chucking bits at it is better than my old dealer who said, no idea, we will wait till it completely breaks down [:@]

Swiftly sold that car!

Ooh, not good. Just glad Stoke Seat are well on side, shame King's Seat in Poole are so crap! Left 4 messages with sales manager to call, not heard anything for over a week, so Seat Customer Care have opened a complaint case for me, so we'll see.

gazprice79

Oct 27, 2009
Mk 2 cupra 57 plate and 38k on clock

Had car 17 month, and to be honest i cant see me having it for another 17 month.

first problems were leaks and splits on inter-cooler pipes luckily covered by warranty and replaced no problems by seat in Bury.

Next was folding mirrors that just seized up tucked in which again were replaced by seat bury again

then came the miner problem of the airbag light coming on for the side air bags, warranty had ran out by this point so had it looked at and sorted Awesome GTI, it also had a slight missfire looked at whilst in there which they said they had resolved. (It wasn't lasted about a week before starting doing it again) in that week id decided to have the APR stage 1 mod.

The missfire got more and more frequent to the point where it would literally feel as if i was constantly running out of fuel.

Went back into Awesome GTI to get the APR switched to REVO and for them again to have a look at what the problem was why it kept juddering, again they said they had solved it and it was no longer doing it. i managed to get home 15 miles before i felt it do it again.

At this point i decided to get a VAG COM cable to see if i could find a problem plus i could reset the throttle body and manifold flap, which is what they had done at awesome to solve the problem in the first place. to some extent this helped but the reset woudl only work for a ever decreasing period of time to the point were 5 weeks ago it was having no effect at all.

4 weeks ago i had a coil pack fail on me and some part of was hoping this was the reason why my car was missfiring and decided to replace all four packs and also replaced the spark plugs with some new OEM plugs from SERE motors. this cured the cylinder 4 problem but not my erratic missfire.

3 weeks ago having lost all love for the car and to honest just wanting shut for something that wont giving me whiplash, i booked it in at Awesome again as Seat said they wouldn't touch it!

after a couple of days and having heard nothing decided to ring them and find out how it was going, apparently initial test on the rolling road and computers didn't through up any faults or problems how ever the mechanic decided to take the motor for a test drive and immediately felt the problem they said they wanted a couple more days to check all he sensors etc.

rang them back after another few days to see what was happening, they said they would call me back later that day, they did and said they had swapped out and tested all the sensors and couldn't find any faults and wanted my permission to start opening the engine up, as they thought either a problem with an injector or a sticky valve. any how i give them my blessing to sort the thing out.

and that brings me to today 2 weeks and counting after leaving the car with them and still no problem diagnosed, however they tell me that they had the Tarox mk5 golf in which they said had exactly the same problem and couldn't find out why with that either so they were dismantling that one and when (If) they find the problem they try that on mine i guess it'll save me some money in long run if there billing it all to Tarox but its not helping me get my car back any sooner.

any way called in to pick a few things up from car as i wasnt expecting them to have my car as long as they have, and sure enough there was my car parked out side and inside was the golf with all its guts out on floor, any way asked what the latest prognoses was and they said a possible head gasket failure.

So ye SEATs and VAG cars amazing cars NOT!!!!! what is they say about audis and the like 'Vorsprung durch Technik' in the words of Jim Royle 'My Arse!!!!!!!'

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Had car 17 month, and to be honest i cant see me having it for another 17 month.

first problems were leaks and splits on inter-cooler pipes luckily covered by warranty and replaced no problems by seat in Bury.

Next was folding mirrors that just seized up tucked in which again were replaced by seat bury again

then came the miner problem of the airbag light coming on for the side air bags, warranty had ran out by this point so had it looked at and sorted Awesome GTI, it also had a slight missfire looked at whilst in there which they said they had resolved. (It wasn't lasted about a week before starting doing it again) in that week id decided to have the APR stage 1 mod.

The missfire got more and more frequent to the point where it would literally feel as if i was constantly running out of fuel.

Went back into Awesome GTI to get the APR switched to REVO and for them again to have a look at what the problem was why it kept juddering, again they said they had solved it and it was no longer doing it. i managed to get home 15 miles before i felt it do it again.

At this point i decided to get a VAG COM cable to see if i could find a problem plus i could reset the throttle body and manifold flap, which is what they had done at awesome to solve the problem in the first place. to some extent this helped but the reset woudl only work for a ever decreasing period of time to the point were 5 weeks ago it was having no effect at all.

4 weeks ago i had a coil pack fail on me and some part of was hoping this was the reason why my car was missfiring and decided to replace all four packs and also replaced the spark plugs with some new OEM plugs from SERE motors. this cured the cylinder 4 problem but not my erratic missfire.

3 weeks ago having lost all love for the car and to honest just wanting shut for something that wont giving me whiplash, i booked it in at Awesome again as Seat said they wouldn't touch it!

after a couple of days and having heard nothing decided to ring them and find out how it was going, apparently initial test on the rolling road and computers didn't through up any faults or problems how ever the mechanic decided to take the motor for a test drive and immediately felt the problem they said they wanted a couple more days to check all he sensors etc.

rang them back after another few days to see what was happening, they said they would call me back later that day, they did and said they had swapped out and tested all the sensors and couldn't find any faults and wanted my permission to start opening the engine up, as they thought either a problem with an injector or a sticky valve. any how i give them my blessing to sort the thing out.

and that brings me to today 2 weeks and counting after leaving the car with them and still no problem diagnosed, however they tell me that they had the Tarox mk5 golf in which they said had exactly the same problem and couldn't find out why with that either so they were dismantling that one and when (If) they find the problem they try that on mine i guess it'll save me some money in long run if there billing it all to Tarox but its not helping me get my car back any sooner.

any way called in to pick a few things up from car as i wasnt expecting them to have my car as long as they have, and sure enough there was my car parked out side and inside was the golf with all its guts out on floor, any way asked what the latest prognoses was and they said a possible head gasket failure.

So ye SEATs and VAG cars amazing cars NOT!!!!! what is they say about audis and the like 'Vorsprung durch Technik' in the words of Jim Royle 'My Arse!!!!!!!'

i feel for you mate
and sad that you are a member of the crapped on by seat club

gazprice79

Oct 27, 2009
All I want is a solution, it's this and it's going to cost you this! I know that's never going to happen but I can keep wishing!!!

Tombstoneuk

Mar 5, 2010
Loughborough
I honestly don't know how you can put up with so much crap from a car. If I had half your problems I'd chop it in for something else. Once a car seriously misbehaves it completely ruins it for me and I have to move on.

gazprice79

Oct 27, 2009
Trust me if i thought i could pass the car on i would but theyd feel the problems on a test drive and to be honest i dont think i could put somebody else in my shoes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.