Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
Go with orange, you could advertise my company for me then I just changed it to basically match the orange seat do lol, how's the car still away? Which dealers you going through I might take mine up there I'm not too happy with frosts work tbh

Aimez

Boo is doing purple, well more lilac.

Dave my car is back with Crawley Down group, they are useless it is back there now been there a week already as it went all grey where they blended it into the door and all speckled where they blended it. Dreading getting it back in case it is still not right! Then it will have to go back for the other wing as they can't do it now I am fed up with driving an hour in total to them already!

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
Boo is doing purple, well more lilac.

Dave my car is back with Crawley Down group, they are useless it is back there now been there a week already as it went all grey where they blended it into the door and all speckled where they blended it. Dreading getting it back in case it is still not right! Then it will have to go back for the other wing as they can't do it now I am fed up with driving an hour in total to them already!

Ah thought it might be Crawley Down their salesmen weren't very good either they booked me a test drive on a car that had been sold already so tried to fob me off with a megane!! Well Frosts were ok got the job done eventually had to deal with a guy called Russell to get it sorted for a paid rental as seat don't like giving courtesy cars apparently for warranty work!! Had to chase them for updates all the time except when they tried to get me to do a cam belt change at 25,000 miles!! Still got it back now but it isn't right when it's cold,

Anyways back to you car! Amazes me how they do shoddy paint at dealers had same problem with front end of my Beamer had to go back twice hope they sort it

Aimez

I understand not giving a car for warranty work at my work we don't like giving out courtesy cars for randoms who just come in for warranty work (like me really) but never come in for services or repair work. However sometimes we do if it is an ongoing fault or they are a new customer or if we messed up a repair lol!
I cannot see how you can give a car back with blatantly poor paint job what do they do just hope you won't notice! I was hoping to have the bonnet and a cupra spoiler I got sitting in the garage sprayed up (er by local place not Seat!) but this has dragged on so long fell like I will never get it done!

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
I understand not giving a car for warranty work at my work we don't like giving out courtesy cars for randoms who just come in for warranty work (like me really) but never come in for services or repair work. However sometimes we do if it is an ongoing fault or they are a new customer or if we messed up a repair lol!
I cannot see how you can give a car back with blatantly poor paint job what do they do just hope you won't notice! I was hoping to have the bonnet and a cupra spoiler I got sitting in the garage sprayed up (er by local place not Seat!) but this has dragged on so long fell like I will never get it done!

Theres a good place over in woodmancote on the same estate that I worked from for a while, they seem pretty good always got high end cars in sure they would do work well, gave mine a good old clean yesterday and seems that it has got a few bumps from being in the garage, one of the side skirts is starting to pop away needs re-gluing, and part of the exhaust pipe cover has come away - amazing how these things happen while it is out of your pocession!

And now my car doesnt like cold mornings, it coughs and splutters into life and you have to wait a good 5 mins before you can think about going away! so off back to frosts I go!

Is there such a thing as a good dealer around these parts?!?

Aimez

That sound like it needs a good service then on cold morning it runs bad for about 5 seconds then is fine on mine. Got the car back yesterday no one bothered to check it over with me. they cleaned it badly (cleaning will never be to my high standard thou lol) it looks a bit better but is still slightly grey so I am disappointed. I would take a pic but it is hard to show the colour difference in a pic but will try later as gonna post a thread about why it had this reaction. Hope you have more luck than me!

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Tell them you want it done properly by a local garage you trust, they can get it painted elsewhere as other places are approved repairers.

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
That sound like it needs a good service then on cold morning it runs bad for about 5 seconds then is fine on mine. Got the car back yesterday no one bothered to check it over with me. they cleaned it badly (cleaning will never be to my high standard thou lol) it looks a bit better but is still slightly grey so I am disappointed. I would take a pic but it is hard to show the colour difference in a pic but will try later as gonna post a thread about why it had this reaction. Hope you have more luck than me!

Yeah, trouble is there isn't much that isn't new on the engine now they said it doesn't need servicing but I'm going to get it done away by a local garage I think.

Unbelievable that they still can't get it right what about getting a second opionion on it's quality that you could get some comeback for what they have done.

Frosts didn't clean mine very well either and didn't do the inside at all.

Aimez

I don't think because it is warranty they can let someone else do it though, at my work we have to do warranty work no choice as warranty can only pay a dealer. I am waiting for a call from the warranty guy he is very good but he was going away the day my car went in but he called to tell me he'd be in touch about getting it back in for the other side am so fed up of this! A customer at my work who is based down the road form them as soon as I said my car is there they said ooooh check the paintwork they are awful and his daughter works there!

Aimez

Update! Paid for massively increased insurance (ouch!)

Rust on other wing another warranty claim put through last Friday so waiting to here when can book it in again!
ONe of my side light LEDS blown a few months back only got them in April so not happy sent email to Ace parts they sent me a replacement.

Today car had service and to complete my Milltek system the down pipe and de cat fitted bought from SCN sponsors Formula 1 Brighton (nice guys very nice to me and carried the pipe to my car lol)
P1020132.jpg

also had my broken adjuster replace on the front of my coilover so can lower more now! As I already knew my front tyres wearing on inside edge so they swapped them to the back and tracked them up.

So next up it to paint the wheels again still trying to get quotes together and then want to paint my S badges to match and tint colour code front fogs and lamin-X rear lights too.
Also when I get the new wing (fingers crossed) can finally fit gas bonnet struts! So lots to do fro show season oh and may have to get the remap tweaked now got the dull system on.

milfhunter

i approve of this thread and car it looks very nice modified and well are you goin any show me mogumbo will attending

Aimez

Yeh was checking they sent me/F1 the right thing lol no not decided. Got a call yesterday to say Seat will have my car back again for the other wing (they took pics of the new rust bubbles when the car was in having their mess up on the blending sorted out!).

As for wheel colour no not yet been busy sorting this other stuff out so not thought about it for a while.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Nice car Aimez and that milltek made me dribble a bit:D what did you spray the roof cloth with to make it black?:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.