Seat leon Copa Edition?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Is there a Copa edition coming for the 1.2TSi and 1.6TDi engines?

Just seem some information but nothing about the specs assume they come with the BTCC kit as standard?

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009
last i heard seat had stopped making the aero/BTCC kit for new models, can't get them on the new cupra's.....only thing stopping me getting a Cupra is that.....

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
last i heard seat had stopped making the aero/BTCC kit for new models, can't get them on the new cupra's.....only thing stopping me getting a Cupra is that.....

That is a strange thing to do seeing as it is quite popular wonder what they will do with this Copa edition unless it is just to get rid of stocks of the aero/btcc kit?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
if thats the only evidence youve got of this new model i would say its just been input wrong on their system

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
well i may not be a cupra but i dont see the difference in putting the kit on that or an FR, i mean i have the kit on and the Cupra R exhaust and the things 4 month old!

And about this Leon Copa edition, does anyone have any evidence on sites that dont look like they have been put together by Trotters Independant Traders! I dont think i would ever by anything from 'DriveTheDeal' looks like summat I put together on Windows 95!

Jun 10, 2008
Hertfordshire
well i may not be a cupra but i dont see the difference in putting the kit on that or an FR, i mean i have the kit on and the Cupra R exhaust and the things 4 month old!

And about this Leon Copa edition, does anyone have any evidence on sites that dont look like they have been put together by Trotters Independant Traders! I dont think i would ever by anything from 'DriveTheDeal' looks like summat I put together on Windows 95!

I have used drive the deal before, there web site is a bit poor but the company was great to deal with! Got a good deal on a fiesta last year.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
This is original the Leon Copa;

SeatLeonCopa3.jpg

It was basically a remapped Leon Cupra with different wheels, Aero kit and a stripe.

You can still order up Aero kit parts for current model Leons including (unfortunately) the bumpers :lol:.

Jun 10, 2008
Hertfordshire

SeatLeonCopa3.jpg

It was basically a remapped Leon Cupra with different wheels, Aero kit and a stripe.

You can still order up Aero kit parts for current model Leons including (unfortunately) the bumpers

You have a real dislike for the aero bumpers mate :lol:

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Update:

Heres the 2011 Copa

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/premieres/leon-copa-0-23132

Not what everybody was expecting :(
That, is crap! lol

SeatLeonCopa3.jpg

You can still order up Aero kit parts for current model Leons including (unfortunately) the bumpers :lol:.
And it looks fookin lovely :D

My stealers has one thats for sael @ 35K with a broken steering rack lol

You have a real dislike for the aero bumpers mate :lol:

I rekon secretly he loooves them ;)

Also (excuse me for going off topic for a wee moment) Al, did you take a look at my logs on my RR? Wouold like your opinion on them

Aero bumpers = sex! FACT

If only SCN had a *like* button hahaha

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Also (excuse me for going off topic for a wee moment) Al, did you take a look at my logs on my RR? Wouold like your opinion on them

Yeah, I spoke to Pov about them. Will take a look at them again and compare them with mine once I get the chance log my car when I get my VAGCOM cable back now it has had time to settle with the new plugs.

The figures from my car were previously, I believe, not as they should be due to issues around the crappy original spark plugs. Car is still 100% standard so should hopefully give a true representation of what the TSi engine should be showing numbers wise despite mine being CDL code and yours BWJ.

Sorry for the delay dude.

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009

well when i went and asked about a new cupra on an 11 plate, they said that the BTCC/Aero kit wasn't being made to fit the new facelift model, so wasn't available, and if i wanted one with it on, i'd have to be looking at a 2nd hand K1....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.