Changing my Cupra today, not for a SEAT

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Firstly, thanks to everyone for their posts, opinions, advise etc. Started with a 2008 Fr TFSI which I took to stage 2, then changed to a 2007 Cupra which ended up at stage 3. Had a lot of fun doing it but its time to be a bit more sensible and stop spending so much. Ive got a horrible little car lined up, stupidly economical but not something ill ever get up and want to go for a drive in.
I have to say in over 2 years of owning 'fastish' Leons ive never got bored of driving them.
Having said that, in standard form the Cupra is boring me at the minute, and while I'll be gutted to see it go, I'm kind of ok with it, it would be harder if it was still stage 3.
I'm not even going to say what car I'm getting for everyday use, it really is that bad, but its new, 0 miles, £30 tax and gives 70mpg combined. It wont need MOT'd for 4 years, and I can keep it for as long as I want and get a proper car for weekend use- especially seeing as how petrol is going.
I will be looking for a proper weekend car though- more than likely a vx220 to start with, until I can get something a little nicer.
Unfortunately until SEAT either come up with a rear wheel drive sports coupe with a v6, or a leon with the new 2.5t from the TTRS/RS3, I cant see myself coming back to SEATs anytime soon.

Thanks again, SCN has been a great source of information, and good luck to everyone in their current/ future projects

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
I'm not even going to say what car I'm getting for everyday use, it really is that bad, but its new, 0 miles, £30 tax and gives 70mpg combined. It wont need MOT'd for 4 years, and I can keep it for as long as I want

VW Polo Bluemotion ?

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
VW Polo Bluemotion ?

HA! Seriously I wish it was, a polo bluemotion is the sh@t compared to this thing.
Yeah poverty they can be real weapons, just for a weekend car they're perfect, but maybe a little spartan for everyday use. Ill be on the lookout for a clean turbo model once I get a few things sorted for my business

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
HA! Seriously I wish it was, a polo bluemotion is the sh@t compared to this thing.
Yeah poverty they can be real weapons, just for a weekend car they're perfect, but maybe a little spartan for everyday use. Ill be on the lookout for a clean turbo model once I get a few things sorted for my business

Hyundai i30, Corsa Ecoflex?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

Coops993

Dec 4, 2010
Suzuki Alto,......................................

Could be worse, I was thinking Citroen C1/ Peugeot 107

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
lol, its not that bad. Its still a novelty at the minute. Ive got my mum's 3.2tt to play a bouut in when im bored- and now that I drive an alto at least the tt will actually feel quick. Yeah ill be saving a fortune, it was the sensible choice really, im just not that big a fan of sensible

Lol, I wish I was that cool...its a suzuki alto, any I officially hate my life

I'm in a similar boat mate, I went from a 1.2 clio to a 2.o turbocharged leon and now I'm stepping into a 1.3 ecoflex corsa... feeling your pain buddy! My company can't justify for my 45,000 miles a year @ 23.4mpg @ £1.37 a litre.... so they have provided me with that as a company car. Having a leon as a weekend car is just not viable for me!!! So I shall be selling soon! :cry:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
With the current rise in fuel prices and insurance I think many more of us will be in Suzuki Alto's and Corsa Ecoflex and such like :censored: I looked at a brand new Cupra as with the 20% VAT offer worked out slightly cheaper a month than my FR TDi. But add up all the running cost's including Insurance, Tax and fuel it works out more expensive and wanted the Cupra more for looks than performance as never really use the FR to it's full potential.

How about an ecomtoive 1.6 TDi Cupra lol all show but no go, joking apart we may well end up there [:@]

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
VX220 is a prime choice mate, get the turbo one and it will eat anything.

My LCR up for sale, not driven it since christmas really, problem was after driving a DC2 type R and another MR2 turbo its made me realise just how dull the car is lol

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Yeah its getting silly with running costs etc. No a vxr turbo would be immense, but they still go for a quite a bit of cash for a good one. Might be worth hanging on for the turbo though.

Now I know the parts for sale area is out of bounds at the minute, and I'm not saying im selling anything, but Ive got a good few pm's about parts for the Cupra that I have left over after changing mine- I have a milltek tbe: Non res Cat back with twin pipes, a sports cat and dp, and itg for the k04and a set of eibach sportlines (40mm). If anyone wants to discuss them for any reason- again not that im selling them on this site- pm me

Last edited:

the quig

beeko85,

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of the Cupra. I'm just getting started on this forum after doing a deal today for a Cupra R.

I live in Newtownards and would be interested in talking about what you might have about you.

Being new can't PM you until i've enough post's.

Can you PM me with some details and contact number.

Richard.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.