Chip or map!?

sniperftw

Basically as is on the tin!

Whats best a chip/tune box or a map!?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Its gonna be a map mate, either custom or generic, and its down to you as to which company you choose.

Jimski

DanH

Jun 24, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
there is a high level of debate about what is best, and more then likely it's going to depend on your budget and location as to what you get, custard code is the gist I generally get off people in the MK2 forum apparently not the greatest, Performance torque seem to have a good reputation, obviously revo are the guys who put the most dev into it, also if your over yorkshire way RSTuning is a good alternative

sniperftw

nahh i live wolverhampton area ! so if i would get a remap, it would be P-Torque!

Just thinking tho if the tuning box is the same price? whats the actual difference!?!

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Remap :D

Boxes are ok but with the new changes coming into force regarding MOT's and 'illegal chipping', you will have to either hide the box behind something or remove it when your car is due its MOT.

There a quite a few reputable tuning companies out there now and you should pick wisely :)

Again, in posts above, it depends on where you are based and what type of remap you want.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
nahh i live wolverhampton area ! so if i would get a remap, it would be P-Torque!

Just thinking tho if the tuning box is the same price? whats the actual difference!?!

Have you had a look on DNA Tunings website? They're based down in Alcester so not far from you. Awesome software, one of the best imo.

I have had REVO, Custom Code and APR (no longer in the UK) but have found that nothing comes close to DNA

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009
DTUK box if your car is CR engine, or a map.....i've jsut bought a tdi-tuning box for my FR pd engine, and it's a bit hit and miss power wise, Awesome GTi are doing a day on Saturday where they're knocking prices down a fair whack, so think i'm going to take the box off and then get them to map the car instead!

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
i beleive all the chip or box does is increase fuel with a resistor so its not a good way of doing it, a map from revo or similar has been developed for the car and will adjust the settings required not just increase the fuel

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
DTUK box if your car is CR engine, or a map.....i've jsut bought a tdi-tuning box for my FR pd engine, and it's a bit hit and miss power wise, Awesome GTi are doing a day on Saturday where they're knocking prices down a fair whack, so think i'm going to take the box off and then get them to map the car instead!

Do you have any details on this?

Can't see it in their section or on their site?

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009
i beleive all the chip or box does is increase fuel with a resistor so its not a good way of doing it, a map from revo or similar has been developed for the car and will adjust the settings required not just increase the fuel

Well, that's right and wrong, it wouldn't be just more fuel, as otherwise they wouldn't increase your mpg! lol

And DTUK wouldn't be one of the biggest companies doing it if "it wasn't a good way of doing it"

Do you have any details on this?

Can't see it in their section or on their site?

it's only for people who have them on facebook pal, that's why...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.