diagnostic code help please ibiza cupra tdi

adam g

hi on a old thread i said my car is bad cold starting and spluttering low down till warm and limp mode when driven hard sometimes. here i have the diagnostic codes he said it is saying its over boosting my car is completely standard seat ibiza cupra tdi 160bhp 2004/2005 and he said it could be the variable veins on turbo stuck or actuator sticking prob or the worst case turbo .
has any one had these codes
manufacturer code 17965/p1557 change pressure
control possitive deviation intermittant p0234 eodb code
this is the info he wrote out from the check please tell me if you two have had a similar prob or same codes as i need to know what to fix or at worst what hybrid turbo to save for lol
thankyou for listening

Last edited by a moderator:

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
Hello
I'm having problems with my PD130 at the moment which are not yet resolved but its beginning to look like an N75 valve fault OR a fault in the wiring between the ECU and N75 valve
I don't know about the fault codes that you are quoting but I have leaarnt that "overboosting" shows up in quite a few different conditions
My car for example shows up as "overboosting" but after testing of the turbo, its not a turbo or sticky vanes fault, but N75 valve
I am told that a failed MAf also shows up as overboosting as there is a mismatch between actual airflow and the airflow that the ecu sees through the MAF
Split turbo pipes curiously also show as an "overboosting" fault
What part of the country are you in? You need someone very good to help you
My Seat dealer in Darlington diagnosed a failed turbo and wanted to fit a new one at £1,600
My Seat dealer in Middlesbrough with presumably the same equipment are expecting to be able to identify whether there is a wiring or N75 valve fault - an N75 vavle is only £120!

adam g

hi cheers for the replies i will get my mechanic to check my n75 first before the atuator and veins. ill post the info on the culprit soon as next week its going to see my mechanic to be fixed hopefully lol

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
No the N75 is a control valve in the main solenoid block.
There is only one boost pressure sensor. On mine it is in the top of the intercooler, on yours I think it is in the top elbow pipe coming out of uour intercooler